Parents Is there a general consensus on

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

LTmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
which skill is more difficult-FHC or mill circle?

No general consensus.
My YG never did get her Mill Circle, but she had her FHC her first season of old L4. We have a L8 on our team that is STILL trying to get her Mill Circle - just to say she can do it.
Then, we have other girls that got their Mill Circle very quickly, but struggled with the FHC ... one in particular was SOOOOOO glad when they did the "great level switch" and the FHC was NOT in the New L4 routine because she only managed one in her entire season of Old L4 (but was moving up ... after all, it is hard to keep a gymnast at that level when she has a kip and a squat on, can get over the vault table, and has all her beam and floor skills).

I only know for my dd, mill circle came right away but the FHC definitely took some time.

And both are completely worthless for the rest of their gymnastics career, they lead to nothing.
Although I am no coach, I respectfully disagree because of what my child has told me (she is a gymnastics encyclopedia and spews out stuff I am supposed to remember, which is nothing short of a challenge, lol). She said both, while seemingly worthless, actually help gymnasts understand shifting the wrists and giving gymnasts confidence if they do go over the bar in the future while learning chs, top bar at level four, and front giant drills. Now this might be just for her, who knows. But she said it best imho, “Mom, gymnastics is all about building blocks. If these skills were worthless, they probably wouldn’t have them in the routines.”
...she said it....I didn’t.:) Every once in awhile I ask her things that come up on here, because I find her take very interesting. She, in turn, is thankful to this site for many reasons, one of them being that her mom now knows the difference between a leap and a jump. Heck it only took me a few years...:D.

Although I am no coach, I respectfully disagree because of what my child has told me (she is a gymnastics encyclopedia and spews out stuff I am supposed to remember, which is nothing short of a challenge, lol). She said both, while seemingly worthless, actually help gymnasts understand shifting the wrists and giving gymnasts confidence if they do go over the bar in the future while learning chs, top bar at level four, and front giant drills. Now this might be just for her, who knows. But she said it best imho, “Mom, gymnastics is all about building blocks. If these skills were worthless, they probably wouldn’t have them in the routines.”
...she said it....I didn’t.:) Every once in awhile I ask her things that come up on here, because I find her take very interesting. She, in turn, is thankful to this site for many reasons, one of them being that her mom now knows the difference between a leap and a jump. Heck it only took me a few years...:D.
She’s a smart cookie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back