WAG It's a Good Thing I Love My Kid!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tpMom

Proud Parent
Ahhh! My DD is prepping for her spring performance, so shes been basically doing dress rehearsals at the gym. This means wearing her competition Leo, warm ups, and warm up jacket. Usually I keep these items hanging in plastic in the closet until competition time because they're so expensive, but on Friday I sent them to school with her for the dress rehearsal. Apparently, her 2nd grade class was also painting benches on Friday as part of a school clean up project.

Can you guess where this is heading?

Yes, my daughter wore her $100 warm up jacket at school WHILE SHE WAS PAINTING BENCHES!! One whole sleeve is completely blue. And this is not washable, water based paint. This is full on water proof, guaranteed to last 10 years, exterior contractor paint. I'm not going to lie, I kind of feel like crying! :)

I can't help but that's totally something my dd would do.
If you figure it out let me know, it could come in handy some day.

I'm wondering why the school didn't have cover-ups or send home a notice......................

I would be furious with the grown ups/school.................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ETA- I'd be tempted to send them a bill.................

I thought it was bad when DD spilled Hot Chocolate on her white jacket after wearing it for all of 15 minutes. At least that came out easy!

To make you feel better, I'll tell you about the time DD did not hang her $300 leo up in the hotel room after the competition, before swimming...
And apparently got pool water on it after swimming...
3 silver spots where bright purple mystique used to be.

Yes, these kids are lucky we love them :)

My DD did this once (those darn school benches), only she had gotten the paint on her two-day old winter coat.

While it's not the same fabric as a warm-up jacket, I did manage to get it completely out with some work. I used something (Dawn dish soap? Olive Oil? Rubbing alcohol? I sadly can't remember) and a butter knife to lightly scrape the fabric. Probably a long shot for you given the finicky fabric, but maybe worth a try??

Dawn will often remove lipid stains from clothing, so even if the paint remover is oil-based, Dawn may have a slight possibility of helping.

But eek! The thought of replacing something that was perfectly fine is rough. My DD is older, so I'd definitely NOT replace it (learning experience for her) but for a 2nd grader, that's so hard to say. :)

My daughter spilled bright blue nail polish on our brand new carpet and after tons of research online I found a solution....hair spray!!!Old fashion, Aqua Net, aerosol hair spray took it completely out. I know it's completely different materials but if nothing else works it might be worth a try. It took all of the nail polish completely out like magic!

Yeah, I looked it up, and this might ruin it, but apparently rubbing alcohol gets a lot of it off. Also, Krud Kutter works very well too.

Whatever you use, make sure it's safe for the jacket.

But seriously, you should send them a bill. That's absurd

To make you feel better, I'll tell you about the time DD did not hang her $300 leo up in the hotel room after the competition, before swimming...
And apparently got pool water on it after swimming...
3 silver spots where bright purple mystique used to be.

Yes, these kids are lucky we love them :)
One girl on our team… her sister vomited on team girl's team leotard. Mom washed said leotard. Smell remained. Mom washed leotard again (black, columbia blue, and silver mystique), this time on HOT. Colors ran. Smell remained. HC ordered new leotard. Mom removed sleeves (and smell). Girl wore it as a practice leotard. Girls oohed and ached over how the leo was a lot like our team leotard except it had a medium gray and charcoal gray instead of silver and blue. lol.

Yuck! Poor girl! I hope she wasn't wearing it when the accident happened. If it wasn't an accident, it's a memorable way to get back at her sister.

I spilled nail polish on my dress right before my aunt's wedding when I was about 10, nail polish remover took most of the stain off but I was still really embarrassed! I hope you find a feasible solution!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back