JO Technical Updates

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gympanda

Coach
Judge
I just finished reading the minutes from the most recent JO/Technical Committee meeting that was held the beginning of May. The minutes are posted on the USAG website. Here is the link to them:
http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/PDFs/Women/Committee Minutes/NTC/njoc_ntc_2010_0510.pdf

There are some interesting things in there that I thought a lot of people would be interested in, nothing earth shattering...they did try to bring back one C acro for FX & BB at L8 but it didn't pass. Now is a great time to look at these changes, additions, etc and start planning for next year.

I was specifically interested in the clarification about the last salto in a FX routine...that has been a hot topic in my area for a long time and I for one and just grateful for a clearish clarification. Anyone else find anything interesting? It's kind of a long so I'm sure I skimmed a lot!

Okay, a) uprise handstand is a B? Seriously? I know very few girls who can do this. It's harder than a giant. also b) you have to show the shoulder close over the bar first and then pull to handstand? Now I know like, zero girls who can do it. Am I missing something? Maybe they aren't that strict about it but it seems like most are not performing it this way and either way it should be a C.

Yeah, I didn't understand the uprise to handstand part either. Maybe someone else has more of a clarification, because it was not listed as a change, and I'm pretty sure Uprise to Hand to currently a C...I wondered if it was a typo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back