WAG joining a squad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i started gymnastics around 12 and now i have one more year left (im 15) before i would have to join adult gym. i have actually progressed very fast in the nearly three years i’ve been doing the sport and decided that i want to start competing after moving to a gym that actually helps me learn skills consistently. i live in the uk so our governing body is british gymnastics. my gym is hosting an in-house competition at christmas which gives me enough time to work on the skills needed for the level i want to compete. if i do well in the christmas competition, i will speak to reception to see if they can organise me a trial . is this a good idea or should i get all the skills and then trial out for squad before christmas?

I don't know how british gymnastics works per se, so maybe somebody else can comment on that.
Do you get along well with your coach? If you do trust your coach with this, you can always ask them what the best way would be to get the chance to trail for a team. If they know your goals, they can also help you train for them better, and they're maybe more likely to know how things work at your specific club.
I'm by far an expert though, gymnastics in my country probably works very differently. My advise is just based on my own experience/environment and my knowledge of people.

I don't know how british gymnastics works per se, so maybe somebody else can comment on that.
Do you get along well with your coach? If you do trust your coach with this, you can always ask them what the best way would be to get the chance to trail for a team. If they know your goals, they can also help you train for them better, and they're maybe more likely to know how things work at your specific club.
I'm by far an expert though, gymnastics in my country probably works very differently. My advise is just based on my own experience/environment and my knowledge of people.
hi thank you so much for replying!!! my gym group has now been made into a squad and we can now compete‍‍‍

Reactions: rd7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back