Parents Joscelyn im the back yard.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jroberson
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
She's very cute and she looks like she's having lots of fun!

Very cute and obviously very talented!

Just a word of advice, I am not a coach and know very little about gymnastics other than I have a 7 year old who competes. Her coaches go ballistic when kids practice on trampolines at home if they "bounce into a skill" (the words they use). They don't want the kids starting from a jump or several jumps on the trampoline. Her coaches want them to practice (if they are going to try the skill on a home trampoline) with no bounce to start. It was explained to me this way: When you jump before you throw a skill on the trampoline you are getting unnatural height and then the child has to relearn the skill on the floor and unlearn bad habits. So there should be no bouncing into tumbling and tumbling passes practiced on a trampoline. Try to get her to stop practicing them that way. For example: no multiple jumps on tramp before throwing a backhandspring combo, etc. At least that is the general philosophy of DD's gym and her gym produces many regional and national level 10 gymnastic champs so they must be doing something right.

Last edited:
I'm just glad little Joscelyn moved from the bed to the trampoline. Watching her throw back handsprings on that bed scared the bejesus out of me!! But she is a cutie and her pageant videos show her to be quite a performer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back