WAG Junior in high school predicament

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My response is my personal opinion, but if you have any thoughts of a scholarship, you have to be L10. I don't think that L9 makes a lick of difference. I don't think the college coaches even look at L9, maybe if you are a strong vaulter, winning Easterns or Westerns (or top 3) and are showing a twist already in video. Top L9 bars are no where near top L10 bars, unless you are already showing a single rail release and a top notch dismount in routines in videos. Now like others have said, schools might recruit an 8th or 9th grade L9, but I do not think they are not really going to be looking at a Jr in HS as a L9. D3 would be an option for a L9 or newbie L10. I just do not feel there is room for them at D1.

A&T are great alternatives and should be considered, if the girl is interested.

My response is my personal opinion, but if you have any thoughts of a scholarship, you have to be L10. I don't think that L9 makes a lick of difference. I don't think the college coaches even look at L9, maybe if you are a strong vaulter, winning Easterns or Westerns (or top 3) and are showing a twist already in video. Top L9 bars are no where near top L10 bars, unless you are already showing a single rail release and a top notch dismount in routines in videos. Now like others have said, schools might recruit an 8th or 9th grade L9, but I do not think they are not really going to be looking at a Jr in HS as a L9. D3 would be an option for a L9 or newbie L10. I just do not feel there is room for them at D1.

A&T are great alternatives and should be considered, if the girl is interested.

It seems like they would be more interested in the skills than the level? As you said an L9 who is competing L10 skills (Single bar release, upgraded dismount, etc) I think would be looked at over an L10 who isn't truly an L10 because they don't have the skills for the start values. So I guess if they don't have the skills, it really wouldn't matter if they did L9 or L10?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back