WAG just for fun

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmytv

Coach
ok, so the new routines are out, compulsory and optional, and the new music is out; just wondering what everyone loves and hates about the new cycle! Ok I'll go first-hates
5. That they kept the mill circle- Hate this trick and think it adds nothing to bars.
4. 3 music choices for compulsories- yea? variety ;(
3. vault sucks for transition from 7 to 8. would have loved to have seen timers
2. options for kip, bhs on beam and c's for level 8 but no bonus- not sure worth the risk
1. moving the level system and whiney "susie" parents- look we did not make this system
loves-
5. no forward roll on new level 1 beam:)
4. better vault transistion for lower levels
3. elimination of stupid beam dismount for new level 5
2. inclusion of optional level 6 so those that don't have giants will still do well when begining optionals.
1 .change and improvment to an ever evolving system :)

Hates
Level Numbering Changes (I too have those Susie parents)
Mill Circle & Basket Swing
Split Handstand on Beam

Loves
New Music (I was really tired of both of the old music choices)
Optional Level 6 (All though I think that they should have gone about naming it differently without changing the entire numbering system, they could have called it Level 7a and Level 7b or something )
No front hip circle in New level 4 (old level 5)

I've looked everywhere for the new routines but haven't found anything. Can you tell me where to find them? My daughter will be moving from old level 4 to new level 5 this season. From what I understand she has to do a score out meet of old level 5 to make this move. We're hoping to get this done before the new routines go into effect so she doesn't have to learn 2 routines. Anyway, any info would be appreciated! We're dying of curiosity!;-)

I believe the routines are not released (except in the big code of points I guess). The skills for each level are listed however on the USAG website and I think I saw the music options there as well.

I believe the routines are not released (except in the big code of points I guess). The skills for each level are listed however on the USAG website and I think I saw the music options there as well.

There is an order form for the CDs with the compulsory routines on the USAG website. Says they will ship before the end of June 2013 ... but you can order now. :)
2013-2021 Demonstrations of Levels 1 through 5 compulsory routines PLUS supplemental training skills that will aid in the
skill development for progressing to the next level. The DVD Includes slow motion versions of each exercise and supplemental skill complete with narration. This is an invaluable teaching aid and will assist both the coach and athlete in preparing for competition.Available to order now (credit card will be charged at time of order) and will be shipped before the end of June, 2013.

Is there an additional skill added to the (new) Level 4 routine to take the place of the front hip circle? Or it's the same routine, just without the fhc - kip, cast, squat on, jump to high bar, long hang kip, cast bhc, underswing, tap swings, dismount?

From what I can tell, level 4 will be: kip, cast to horizontal, cast squat on, long hang kip, cast to horizontal, back hip circle, under swing, counter, tap, counter, tap with 1/2 turn dismount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back