knee hurts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastsuperchix

hi my knee has been bothering me for a few months. my coach keeps telling me to try to ignore it but it hurts me so much that i can even do things. my coach wont let me wear a brace and thinks that it’s nothing. i hyper extended it like 2 weeks ago and it made it worse. it now hurts to walk and ive been icing it for a few days now nd its making it worse.

time for a trip to the doctor.....

hope it feels better soon, but it needs to be checked out by a doctor.

A my associate mod said so well above, you need to go to a doctor, nobody here can help. But just a note, training through pain is rarely a good thing, and I doubt that your coach has a degree in medicine.

I keep reading these reports of coaches telling gymnasts to ignore pain! Bad coach! If it has already been bothering you for months, it has not gone away by itself, and it sounds like it is getting worse. Please consult your doctor.

As others have said, please don't ingnore the pain, see a doctor. It could be so many things. We thought my DD had Osgood Schlatter's in her knee, she continued to work thru the pain on it, turned out it was a cracked growth plate. So many things it could be though...see and Ortho.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back