WAG Know of any gyms near pebble beach/monterey?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Reaction score
....good friends of ours are moving there. The mom is thrilled, because the original move was to be in Placerville. The daughter is 12 and just finished level 9...and obviously wants to find a good gym for optionals. She will probably do another year of 9 because she has trouble with double backs.
T.i.a.

Not much right there. Rising Star Gymnastics is in Monterey and has a couple of optionals, none above level 8. Monterey Bay Academy of Gymnastics is also right there: I don't think they had any optionals this year.

Salinas is about half an hour away. Elite Gymnastics in Salinas has an actual optional team. That might be the best bet.

Edited to add: I don't know much about the facilities or coaches. Just going on what I've seen at meets and what I looked up online.

Like Fuzi said, the close gyms don't have many optionals. Rising Star usually has a few(maybe 4-5 total). I think they did have one level 9 this year. Elite in Salinas always has a decent size optional team of 15-20, maybe 3-4 at level 9/10. Salinas is not too far, maybe 25-30 min. To get a program with a full team of girls at level 9 and 10, would have to travel to at least San Jose area, which is 90 min-2 hr away.

The vast majority of level 10 gymnasts in the greater San Francisco Bay Area are concentrated at 3 gyms - Airborne in Santa Clara, San Mateo Gymnastics and Head Over Heels in Emeryville. Many girls travel significantly to get to them. Airborne would be the closest to Monterey.

Really depends what she is looking for. The coach at Elite is good and capable of coaching level 9/10, but she would likely never have a full team of girls at her level, maybe at level 9, but could be the only 10 at any given time if she gets there.

Thanks so much, i will pass this info on!

We saw the upper optionals Airborne team (8, 9, & 10) this past winter. Impressive gymnasts, and very nice parents. They also have a gorgeous leotard, very blingy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back