Parents L4 meet report-Snowy Beach Break!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Older DD had her 5th meet of the season yesterday. It was in Myrtle Beach SC and it snowed 5 inches here in Charleston and also snowed in Myrtle Beach which hasn't happened in like 10 years.:) Some of our L5's who had to compete Saturday at 8 didn't make it but we were Sunday at 10 so the snow was gone by the time we had to go.

I was nervous for DD at this meet because we had some gym drama this week (see "Can you teach presentation skills?"" thread:rolleyes:) AND last week she fell on her RO BHS which she never falls on like that. It haunted her (and me) all week!

Anyway...we have a GOOD report and here it is...:D

Vault 9.05 (personal best) 8th place
Bars 9.00 (down a LOT from weeks pasr but fell 4x in warmups so we will take it) 6th place
Beam 9.10...beautiful routine...so proud of her...4th place
FLOOR 9.20 (personal best)...SO SO SO proud of her ...4th place
AA 36.35 4th place...second 36AA this season and guarantees her going to L5

I totally missed her floor on the video and I am so sad because it was her higest score to date!!! UGH! Also missed vault which was blocked by some giant mats. Also in the march in it appears that one of her teammates pushes her and she almost falls over...ahh those graceful and elegant gymnasts!:p She is laughing though so I don't think it was a push! Just a trip!!!

Thanks for reading. I think her presentation skills were pretty ok during her beam routine...what do y'all think?;)

YouTube - kelkamp's Channel

Congrats to her on a great meet, on getting that 2nd 36AA to move to level 5 and for rocking floor after a hard meet last time!! Woohoo. I have never thought she had poor presentation skills. She might not be all flashy and dramatic, but not many can be with the boring compulsory routines. LOL. She is doing great.

I can't believe you have so many meets in a row right before States! I think most of the bigger gyms around here skip the meets that comes before State and I think it is a good idea. Our home meet was right before States and I wish we could have just rested and practiced routines.

Enjoy the break. We only have 2 more meets. One in beginning of March and the other in mid April, but we are hosting both. Fun, fun. Especially since we lost more than half the compulsory routine, I am sure we will have lots more hours to work. But on a positive note, money to earn for DDs account, which might keep her in for the next few months.

I think she looks great! She certainly seems to be having fun out there! Congrats on moving up to level 5!

Wow, great job...Welcome to Level 5

I think there may be a conspiracy here on the floor video. How can I possibly collect for the RO BHS fairies Cait sent without any video proof... Pretty sly, pretty sly indeed....:D:D

But seriously, great job... I am glad you were able to make it there as well with the weather...

Wow, great job...Welcome to Level 5

I think there may be a conspiracy here on the floor video. How can I possibly collect for the RO BHS fairies Cait sent without any video proof... Pretty sly, pretty sly indeed....:D:D

But seriously, great job... I am glad you were able to make it there as well with the weather...

I actually ended up taping the back of someone's shirt before the floor routine and then turned it OFF during the actual routine...ahhh...not so good:eek:. I am so bummed because I really, REALLY wanted to have that one on video! I assure you, the fairies were put to good use!:)

Woohoo, congratulations to your dd on a fantastic meet - all 9s! That is awesome. She must be so excited that she has cemented her move up to Level 5. Sorry that you missed taping floor, especially since it was her best routine. I had to laugh at the beam video - mine are all shaky like that too! I think her presentation skills are great. I really don't see an issue there.

Congrats again to your dd on a terrific meet!

Meg

I actually ended up taping the back of someone's shirt before the floor routine and then turned it OFF during the actual routine...ahhh...not so good:eek:. I am so bummed because I really, REALLY wanted to have that one on video! I assure you, the fairies were put to good use!:)

That is a bummer. Something similar happened to us. Jen was taping an awards ceremony and she passed the camera to me because our youngest DD was climbing all over her. I thought she turned the recording off so I hit the button to turn it on, or so I thought. I actually stopped recording. We missed Cait winning her first AA at a meet because of it. We were not happy...

I had to laugh at the beam video - mine are all shaky like that too!

Meg

Meg, LOL, I started shaking BAD at the end because she had done a great job and I got more and more nervous!!!!:p I really need a tripod!!!

LOL! The same exact thing happened to me when I taped my dd's last beam routine. When I viewed the video, I realized how bad it was! Then I taped people's heads during my dd's floor routine. I'm hopeless!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back