Parents Let the up training begin

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
States is still a month away for us but the coaches have started using practicing the next level skills as a reward for remembering corrections as a way to keep the boredom of the same routine away. (They have been working on the some during the season but it's definitely more often now)

After yesterday's practice, DD coach came to me and told me she got to do the FHS vault. Asked DD about and she got a huge grin on her face. Love it when they shine with the pride of accomplish!

Our girls have finished their season (except for YMCA Nationals - in July) so they "officially" have NO level starting this week. It is all "club" work and basically uptraining. YG wants: Big Vault Club (FHS Vault), Kip Club, 2BHS Club, Beam Cartwheel Club, Front Handspring Club, and Front Tuck Club. Only Beam Cartwheel, Big Vault, and Front Tuck clubs will be new for her... She can do a FHS Stepout on floor, but needs to learn it to 2 feet... She has her RO 2BHS, but needs to make it prettier, she has a FT on the trampoline and the air trak, but needs to translate it to the floor.

If HC makes an exception for one of our L4s who is technically "too young" for Xcel Gold in our gym, then I may ask for an exception for YG too... she is a year younger than this other girl, but YG ISNT threatening to QUIT if she can't go to Gold. Of course, now that this other girl FINALLY has her kip, she could place well in L4 next year. (This year, her best score was a 30.2AA... but she was so excited that she actually made her kips that she left out her back hip circle.)

States done here! (Boys still have regionals in 3 weeks - but they get to up-train for 2 of them). DD and her friend walked into the awards room and announced they were now L8 (both almost moved up last summer) and DS the elder is training L6/7 - seeing where he'll go...Ds younger will likely repeat L5, especially after landing funny on a ROBHSBT (which he's been doing for a year)! Now I have a new set of thingy-bobs to learn the names of - or just nod and say "great that you did that today!" after practice! This time of year is so much more fun than comp season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back