Let's move into the future - give us your take on the current state of the site.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just to clarify the whole Stretch banning, he was originally banned for breaking the rules repeatedly. After the initial banning he rejoined at least 9 times, that we knew of, and each of those accounts was deleted. We did warn him and we did communicate with him behind the scenes, we tried for along time to make him fit in.

Forums are a challenge. Differing writing and reading styles mean that what is explanatory to one person can be inflammatory to another. Hopefully moving forward, and using a different system, we can manage crazy threads better and find a way that nobody needs to be told that their view doesn't matter.

I too feel that a little thread meandering can be very interesting and educational, so I think clarification of what "off topic" means is something that needs to be worked on.

There are no rules for banning members. There are forum rules, breaking those results in banning.

I think all members get to be snarky sometimes, I will work harder to be less snarky. However blaming the Chalkbucket for the views of members is never going to win any awards here. Humour is so personal too, one persons riotously funny is anothers slap in the face. Ignoring members who rub you the wrong way is a great option, and can be chosen in your profile.

I would love to see more coaching threads here, more technical detail and information.

Having more forum specific mods will make the board run much more smoothly as will using the private groups feature, private from the regular members that is.

Last edited:
I just had a thought....is there a way to better highlight the social groups? When you click on Join a Group it is just the basics, parents, coach or gymnast. The Social Groups are found within the forum page, but waaaaay down.

This is a great idea. I love what some of the social groups are doing, and it would be great to find them promoted in the main boards.

I am not sure if anybody has mention this. But could you possibly state if going off topic something like "Warning going off topic" just to alert everybody to watch what they are writing. Just an idea I had

I found CB earlier this year when I went in search of information about competitive gymnastics after my daughter started preteam back in January. I lurked for a while before joining, I still do more reading than posting. I'm glad that I found CB, it has helped me learn alot about something my daughter loves. It has given me an idea of some of the things to expect as DD progresses and by reading about other people's gym experiences, it has given me an even greater comfort level with the gym she is at. I enjoy seeing the different opinions based sometimes on experience and sometimes just on personal opinion, I think it is part of what makes this site interesting. I like social groups, it is nice to have a place to share experiences with other parents whose daughter's seem to be at about the same skill level as my own. Overall, I think CB is great place!

Could we possibly make the titles "New Threads" and "New Forum Posts" actual links that would take us to a longer list? I use these features every time I log on, but many times I am well behind the 7 last posts. They're great time savers, but I can't make it on often enough. Thanks.

Could we possibly make the titles "New Threads" and "New Forum Posts" actual links that would take us to a longer list? I use these features every time I log on, but many times I am well behind the 7 last posts. They're great time savers, but I can't make it on often enough. Thanks.

Gymdaddio, when you log in after a few days, use the "what's new" button in the top tool bar, this will bring up every thread that is new since your last visit. I use it all the time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back