WAG level 6/7 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

wompwomp !!

Gymnast
Reaction score
so my coaches were saying something about a new rule for vault for 6/7 and i was wondering if anyone could confirm if its true/show sources
1.) they said now the mat stack has to be level or higher than the table, it can longer be below the table

2.) they havent said anything about this but ive heard level 6 cannot scoop their vaults at competition they have to land on their feet or its a deduction (i dont know how much) but level 7 can scoop their feet if theyre able to

so yeah if anyone can clarify and confirm that is true or not thatd be much appreciated!!
(it will be my first season as an optional so i have no clue what the past rules were or what current rules stand so apologies!!)

I think these rules are not new. I am not an optional (XLG/XLP), but I practice with level 6s and they sometimes have us do 6/7 vault

Level 7 being allowed to scoop is newer than the L6/7 Vault options. I think they changed it last season, but I could be wrong. Level 6 must land on their feet first.

My daughter competed 7 last year, and yes, the mat stacks were level with the table all season at each meet we went to.

Girls at that level definitely "scooped" their vaults; in fact, most of the winning vaults did just that.

We didn't have any level 6s last year, so not sure about rules for that level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back