Parents Levels: what do they mean?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipnastic

Proud Parent
I was researching gyms on mymeetscores.com, and some of them have levels of 33,34, etc. what does that mean?

Evidentally a lot has changes since I've been in the gymnastics world!!!!

Are you sure that isn't the all around score? Levels should be 1-10 and Xcel bronze silver gold platinum diamond. Sometimes levels are broken down oddly at state, like 3N and 3O, that could possibly be what you saw, this usually means they are separating the Level 3's by how high they have scored previously in the season from what I've been told.

That is most likely TAAF if in Texas. In TAAF you compete in divisions within your level based on your previous all around score. So 34 is level 3 division 4, etc

I have seen it "E" and "N" (3E, 3N) for "experienced" and "novice" in AAU. Does USAG do that in some areas of the country too?

Texas doesn't have a state meet for level 3. It stops at North State and South State.

Does TAAF go on mymeetscores?

In our state 3O is 'open' (level 3 repeaters) and 3N is 'novice' (first year competing level 3.) It isn't based on scores. They only do it for 3 here.

This is what I'm referring too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 121
that is weird! The "3A" is AAU 4; but I have never seen 33 and 34 for a level. From this post I see that other states do things differently though. In our state repeaters are not in a different level than first year kids... At least not for USAG

that is weird! The "3A" is AAU 4; but I have never seen 33 and 34 for a level. From this post I see that other states do things differently though. In our state repeaters are not in a different level than first year kids... At least not for USAG
3A is for achievement. 3P is placement. The "p" is usually only used when a session is mixed achieve my and placement. 33 & 34 are for TAAF levels.

3A is for achievement. 3P is placement. The "p" is usually only used when a session is mixed achieve my and placement. 33 & 34 are for TAAF levels.

So interesting. Here if it says something like "3A" it means it was AAU and just a "3" means USAG. Though, some meets will just have a "3" for AAU 3. Then it gets a bit more confusing. ;-)

That's all weird. Ours is child c or youth b or senior a. At state meets. It's done by age.
That is the age group, which each level is usually divided into. The above is all about the level. In most places it is simply the number, i.e. 3, 4 etc. but the OP observed other things listed on mymeetscores, like 33 and 34. (FYI - I had noticed this before and didn't even think to ask - thanks OP for that.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back