Parents Likelihood of College Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The sport we all love is brutal isn't it! The odds are def stacked against our daughters but as long as they are having fun it makes it a win!

I wish we had high school gymnastics! :(

But the odds of your child getting a job as a coach someday are pretty high. Not a bad part-time job for a teenager or college kid. ;).

Where are these HS teams in CO....I know of 2... lol

The CO high schools I know of with gymnastics teams: Bear Creek, Green Mountain, Columbine, Cherry Creek, Pomona, Broomfield, Lakewood. I know there are more, I just don't have direct knowledge of them. They are not college track teams, and I think many of the girls who compete for their high schools come from the Excel program. From what I've heard, there is a range of skills comparable to JO 5-8, although I think there are a couple girls who were 9s, but struggled with injury, so decided to retire from their clubs and compete high school instead.

But the odds of your child getting a job as a coach someday are pretty high. Not a bad part-time job for a teenager or college kid. ;).

LOL: Loveland, Fort Collins, Rocky Mountain, Broomfield, Pomona, Standley Lake, Lakewood, Overland, CHatfield, Cherry Creek, Green Mountain....etc..

There are more I am sure :)

We're heading into level 9 at 13 and still know it's a long shot for a college gymnastics scholarship. She's on track for it & wants to do it but until we see how L9 goes there's no sense in thinking about it too much. But, she can do 2 years at L9 and then still do 3 years at L10.
She got a late start & didn't start gymnastics until she was 9. But come high school she'll be competing for college spots against people who will have been L10 and/or elite for 5+ years. Good thing she's got a 4.82 GPA to fall back on. LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back