Little Sister's 2nd Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last Saturday my seven year old sister went to her second competition.The 2010 'Novice Championships' hosted by the London Gymnastics Federation. There were 26 girls there and one other girl competing from her gym because there were lots of girls that the coaches didn't think were ready. General warmups started at 9 o'clock, then they warmed up beam - no trouble. Then they moved to floor where her coach changed her front walkover to a back walkover. Next was vault she had some trouble getting over for her handstand flat-back, and last was bars, her landed one straddle undershoot :)

She started the competition on bars, she had a good start but sat down after her dismount. Scored 8.8 with a start value of 13.0
Beam was pretty good, she stuck her arabesque which she fell on at the last competition and she stuck her backwards roll. Her forwards rolls had been a little unreliable, unfortunately she didn't make it this time, it was very close though, I still think she could have had it! Score- 10.3 out of 13.1 (13th position)
Floor, in my opinion had improved since last competition. Most of the girls were doing round off back handsprings so they had higher start values. She scored 11.35 with a s.v. of 13.5 (last time she scored 11.1 with the same s.v.)
Vault was last, we were happy that she got over, she scored 10.4 out of 11.8

Here is the video, please comment: YouTube - Luna 2010 Novice Championship

We were all proud of her because the competition was tough, but she had fun which is what matters!

She is adorable and she did a great job. SHe has improved a lot and is very talented. She has great flexibility and is very strong. She is also lucky to have a big sister who is so proud of her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back