Parents Liv's Progress...

• Thread starter Thread starter starmaker
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
My dd#2 repeated level 4 after an okay 1st season (She only competed 3 meets the 1st year because she didn't turn six until after the 1st meet.) She actually had all of her skills to move to level 5 at the end of the season, but needed some polish. Her coach felt it would benefit her to have a season to shine at level 4 (rather than struggle to score well at level 5) she would continue to uptrain, then she would have a great season of level 5 the following year.

I can tell you that she is getting ready to go to level 5 sectionals this month and it all worked out just as her coach felt it would :) Her 2nd year of level 4 was awesome, and her level 5 season has been great too!

Best of luck to your daughter! She is an awesome little gymnast!

My dd#2 repeated level 4 after an okay 1st season (She only competed 3 meets the 1st year because she didn't turn six until after the 1st meet.) She actually had all of her skills to move to level 5 at the end of the season, but needed some polish. Her coach felt it would benefit her to have a season to shine at level 4 (rather than struggle to score well at level 5) she would continue to uptrain, then she would have a great season of level 5 the following year.

I can tell you that she is getting ready to go to level 5 sectionals this month and it all worked out just as her coach felt it would :) Her 2nd year of level 4 was awesome, and her level 5 season has been great too!

Best of luck to your daughter! She is an awesome little gymnast!

Thanks for sharing this!! Sounds like your dd was in a very similar situation as my dd. I love to hear it all worked out as planned. I have a gut feeling repeating level 4 is what's best for my dd too. I just second guess myself and don't want to make the wrong decision. Let's hope the same happens to my dd and she rocks L4 and goes on the have a great L5 season as well.

Good luck to your dd at Sectionals later this month. Let us know how she did! I'd love to hear the meet report! :)

We had many repeat Level 4 last year and two of them were AA State champs. Almost all of our second year girls placed in top 3 at states and/or won individual events. It is not a bad thing to perfect a level before moving on. I have seen this year that some of our level 5's that did only 1 year of level 4 have struggled a bit. I think it will only help reinforce Liv's skills.

Good luck to her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back