Lost My Best Friends...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hope this counts as a vent...

No, I didn't get moved up to team. I'm not going to mope about it, though. Or vent about it. It's not like I got moved down! :p In fact, all I need is a back handspring by myself, and there's no doubt that I'll get it during the summer. ;) {They have two summer sessions, too! So if I get it the first session, I might go to team the second! :D}

The REAL thing I want to vent about is...today was the last day of the Spring gymnastics season. So, we get a week break.

But this wasn't like last season end. Last time, everybody I knew stayed in the Pre-Team group together.

But this time...
One of my best friends is transferring to team...at a DIFFERENT gym.
Another, well, she's quitting gymnastics.
And my bestest gymnastics friend of all time...moved up to Level 6 team. Because she already had all Level 5 skills, she...could skip. And there's no way that I can catch up to her. I'm...not a SLOW learner, but I have lots of fear issues. :(

So...that's it, I guess. My three best friends...are gone. The ones that every class, I would laugh and joke with, and we'd cheer each other on, and give each other tips for each skill, and cheer each other up if we lost a skill or couldn't get something.

I have one friend left. She's not a great friend, but we're probably gonna stick together like glue now, because my friends are her friends, and who can survive in gymnastics without any friends to cheer up and cheer on?

It just makes me really sad...I mean, I've been with these wonderful gymnasts for 2 years, and honestly, I've never lost a friend before, school or sports.

Yep. Just needed to vent...I guess I'll be a bit mopey around school for the next few days. :(

It's hard when we can't be around good friends anymore. But that doesn't mean they're gone for forever! You can still talk to them (through texting, FB, whatever) and get together sometimes. And while it's nice to have close friends at the gym, it's not absolutely necessary to have them - sometimes you can accomplish more when you're just worrying about your own gymnastics. And I'm sure that you'll find new friends in your training group. Good luck with that backhandspring!

Yeah, I guess that "thinking about myself" is a benefit. But...I didn't get a chance to really say goodbye, so...I didn't get their phone numbers and emails. :( I turned around to go ask, and they were gone!

You know you can have a social life with friends outside of gymnastics too ;-) - it doesn't have to be a Never see you again situation.

Ask your mom to help you get contact info but really makes me wonder how much of a "best firend" they can be if you have never had contact info for them anywhere really.

I know, but my gym friends are...special. xD We always have something we can talk about. My school friends...? Not so much.

What do you mean? I don't know the email or phone number of some of my greatest friends at school.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back