Major Fear Issues

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

This is mostly just a vent.. Good vibes needed!!
I've been having a really rough time at gym lately.. My giants aren't really consistent (I lose them ALL THE TIME), and I've stopped going for them on pit bar but I still did them on double bars last Thursday.. But Monday I got a huge rip (the size of a quarter) so I didn't do bars yesterday because I'm not the type of gymnast who can just suck it up.. So I'm not really sure how bars will go today (It's the last practice before my meet on Saturday.) Hopefully I'll go for my giants. And I've also been having a hard time on floor. I rested my knees and ankles for about a week, then when I came back I kept going too high on my bhs then balking. My coach said I couldn't compete my full at the meet.. Now I feel like she doesn't trust me doing it so I'm scared and I won't go for it. Then yesterday I balked on a tumbling pass (before my bhs) and I came down on my back. I wouldn't even do a RO BHS after that. I got so frustrated that I wouldn't go for my fhs fronts either. I did some RO BHS on tumble track, then I came back over to the floor and did some. But at the end of practice my coach was going to spot me on a RO BHS BT and I wouldn't go for my bhs again.. Today is the last practice before the meet So I really need some fairies/good vibes sent this way.. Thanks for reading this.

Sending lots and lots of good fairies your way for the best night of gym ever and a great meet on Saturday...try to stop thinking about your fears and remember that you have this and you can do this and know that people are rooting for ya to "bring it".....

Sometimes everything just seems to happen at once, and it's not uncommon for a frustration of fear on one event to feed another, especially when injuries have been involved. You've been having a great season and know you can do all of your skills, and done them all very well in competition, just rely on that. And if you need to take a few skills out for this meet, no big deal, just give yourself time to get everything back in order- the more you pressure yourself the more frustrated you will probably get.
Sending lots of good wishes for a great practice tonight and an awesome meet this weekend, keep us updated!

Good luck!! I'm sorry to hear that you're having fear issues :( It's possible that some of the fears will go away by the next practice!

Aww I'm sorry.. I know how you feel. I have those days too where I just fear everything. Just relax when you're not at gymnastics and think about how you've competed those routines at meets and have been fine. Also sometimes the night before a meet I picture myself doing my routines perfectly. But good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back