Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

DD had her first meet of the season and she did absolutely fabulous. I couldn't be prouder or more excited for her. She won the AA and 3 of the 4 events, placing 2nd on the 4th event by just .050. Her AA total was a mid 38. She also had the highest AA score and highest score on the 3 events she won for all age groups. It was really an amazing meet for her and did I mention I was proud?

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she is really kicking off the season. And you have every right to be a proud Momma.

DD had her first meet of the season and she did absolutely fabulous. I couldn't be prouder or more excited for her. She won the AA and 3 of the 4 events, placing 2nd on the 4th event by just .050. Her AA total was a mid 38. She also had the highest AA score and highest score on the 3 events she won for all age groups. It was really an amazing meet for her and did I mention I was proud?

Wow!!! Huge congrats to your dd! That is amazing! I hope she continues to have an awesome season :)

wowza! Amazing and exciting!!!!!! Especially for her first meet! Congratulations to her, hope she continues to have success with her level 4 season! Doesn't sound like she will be repeating. ;)

I don't have any immediate plans to post a video. Maybe I might do a private one. If you noticed I was intentionally vague with her exact scores. Just trying to be careful and maintain some privacy.

She has actually been in level 5 now for about 8 months, but level 4 is the level she is eligible to compete age wise. So no she definitely will not be competing level 4 again. She will switch to level 5 once she turns 7. Unfortunately that isn't until the season is over. There is one invitational she will get to do in January as a level 5. She would definitely NOT be getting these kinds of scores in level 5 right now. She still struggles with level 5 vault and bars. She is completely ready on floor and beam.

I was very worried about her competing level 4 without spending time on the routines and I think I drove her coaches a little nuts with my concerns of her not being prepared for level 4. But when it's two weeks out from the meet and you have yet to see a level 4 routine you do get a little worried. In the end I think this will be great for DD. She's getting the experience and fun of competing while doing routines and skills that she's very comfortable with rather than competing routines she hasn't quite mastered. The coaches have talked about having her compete a few 5 meets and then move to compete level 6 next fall. I think I'd rather her not do that. I think it's much better to be completely prepared rather than rush to prepare.
She has 4 meets in a row coming up. I have no expectation that she will have such an awesome meet again and luckily she is so clueless about scores. She will not be disappointed if those 9.7's turn into 9.1's or whatever.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back