Meeting at the meet thread -Going off last years that Nettyinpa started.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I see some of you have mentioned the Magical Classic in Orlando Feb 17 - 19. Those are the same dates as the Presidential Classic at ESPN, which we're thinking of going to. We chose the Presidential because it's boys as well, and we want to take our boys team too.

Pepsi Challange, Hot Springs AR. Dec 9-11
Blues and BBQ, Memphis TN. Jan 6-8
Yankee Doodle Dandy, Pine Bluff AR, Jan 13-15
Louisiana Cup, Shreveport LA, Feb 10-12
Hopes and Dreams, Fayettville AR, Feb 24-26
Emerald Classic, Cabot AR, March 9-11

Does anyone in VA have their meet schedules yet? I'm new to the season set up here!

TQM- Perfect timing! We got out meet schedules today at practice. My mom was just bugging us earlier about making Christmas plans to go home to Colorado!

Here's my niece's...

Winter Island Getaway Invite- Dec. 10-11 – Chantilly, VA
Aerials Invite- Jan. 13-15 – Arlington, VA
Flip for the Fight Invite- Jan 21-22- Haymarket, VA (for breast cancer!)
Rock and Roll Invite- Feb 26-27 – Woodbridge, VA
Emerald City Classic -March 2-4- Leesburg, VA
One of the L 5 sectionals, still don't understand it 100%, waiting for her couch to give the directions there! (prob the Jan 28-29 one at Newport News, VA)
(???) 2012 VA L 5 State- April 28-29 – Radford, VA

Our coach said we might still go to another fun meet in the beginning of February. Anyone in the VA/MD area know of one that has a good meet for compulsoraries??

Hopefully I get to meet some CB people, none of you guys were ever at the CO L 10 meets when I competed lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I 'm going broke paying for these at $100 + each but we were supposed to have 18 meets + 7 more for High School. The High school is now 8 meets and the gym is 15 or 16 (we didn't get into some before they filled up) So right now we have

10/29 - 30 Tri Star HAlloween Meet - NH
11/12-13 Pilgrim Meet - MA
12/10-11 Sectional #1 - NH
12/17 - 18 Local Qualifier - NH
12/20 - HS Meet
12/30-1/1 - Cape Cod Invite - MA
1/4 - HS Meet
1/6 - HS Meet
1/7/-8 - Bay Stae classic - MA
1/12 - HS meet
1/14/15 - Northeast Invite - CT
1/20 HS Meet
1/22 - ? HS Meet
1/25 - HS Meet
1/28-29 - Parkettes - PA
2/2 - HS Meet
2/4-5 - Gym Rev Team Challenge - CT
2/18/19 - Excalibur Cup - VA (but DD will be at HS State Meet on that weekend instead)
2/25-26 - Local Qualifier - NH
3/10-11 - Starlight Classic, MA (but DD will be at HS regional meet on that weekend instead - the HS has never not qualified for this)
3/17-18 - Sectional #2 - NH
3/31 - 4 - States - NH
4/28 - 29 Regionals - Loaction last I heard wast TBA

Ok Now I know we ar nuts that's 23 meets and there is a weekend of 3/3-4 that the gym is looking to add a meet.

Well I 'm going broke paying for these at $100 + each but we were supposed to have 18 meets + 7 more for High School. The High school is now 8 meets and the gym is 15 or 16 (we didn't get into some before they filled up) So right now we have

10/29 - 30 Tri Star HAlloween Meet - NH
11/12-13 Pilgrim Meet - MA
12/10-11 Sectional #1 - NH
12/17 - 18 Local Qualifier - NH
12/20 - HS Meet
12/30-1/1 - Cape Cod Invite - MA
1/4 - HS Meet
1/6 - HS Meet
1/7/-8 - Bay Stae classic - MA
1/12 - HS meet
1/14/15 - Northeast Invite - CT
1/20 HS Meet
1/22 - ? HS Meet
1/25 - HS Meet
1/28-29 - Parkettes - PA
2/2 - HS Meet
2/4-5 - Gym Rev Team Challenge - CT
2/18/19 - Excalibur Cup - VA (but DD will be at HS State Meet on that weekend instead)
2/25-26 - Local Qualifier - NH
3/10-11 - Starlight Classic, MA (but DD will be at HS regional meet on that weekend instead - the HS has never not qualified for this)
3/17-18 - Sectional #2 - NH
3/31 - 4 - States - NH
4/28 - 29 Regionals - Loaction last I heard wast TBA

Ok Now I know we ar nuts that's 23 meets and there is a weekend of 3/3-4 that the gym is looking to add a meet.

WOW!!!! Hopefully you won't have to pay for hotels at all those meets! We have a total of 9 for the whole season.

WOW!!!! Hopefully you won't have to pay for hotels at all those meets! We have a total of 9 for the whole season.

the NH no. 2 of the MA and all of the others Yes a Hotel will be needed. The 2 MA ones may not end up needing them if she has an afternoon start time so we have to wait and see. If she has the first one in the AM (which seems to be the norm for her to get) then yes a hotel will be needed as the drive is 2 hours and I don't want to get up at and leave by 5am to be at a warmup at 7am. Also if it endes up being a late meet where they are there until 10 pm I may end up getting a room as well as I'm exhausted and driving at night tired isn't the smart choice. Thanks god for the grandparents helping with the costs of these things (I have the only grandchildren so they get really spoiled by both sets).

That's a lot of meets cher!! But I bet your DD will have a blast. It's super nice the grandparents are helping out. We lived a minimum of 2 hours from any gym with a meet in state (usually another 1-2 hours for weather from Oct-March). My mom would make us get up at 4 am to go unless we could actually stay at my grandma and grandpa's! We used to have a lot of pillows and blankets in the car with us on the weekend that's for sure.

Back-to-School Meet: Lancaster, PA Oct. 15-16
Cornucopia Classic: Harrisburg, PA Nov. 19-20
Liberty Cup: Downingtown, PA Dec. 2,3,4
Hanover Classic: Hanover, PA Jan. 14-15
Katie Baldwin Invitational: Lancaster, PA Feb. 3,4,5
PINK Invitational: Philadelphia, PA Feb. 24, 25, 26

Cher--that's nuts! Can't imagine having to pay for all those meets--and the time commitment is huge!

Your state lets you do club and HS, huh? The MN high school league bans kids from practicing or competing with club teams during the HS season (which pretty much overlaps the optional season!). There's been a few girls on other teams that did HS, then club for the few meets before State, but our gym doesn't allow that (they want their gymnasts practicing with them all the time)

TQM- Perfect timing! We got out meet schedules today at practice. My mom was just bugging us earlier about making Christmas plans to go home to Colorado!

Here's my niece's...

Winter Island Getaway Invite- Dec. 10-11 – Chantilly, VA
Aerials Invite- Jan. 13-15 – Arlington, VA
Flip for the Fight Invite- Jan 21-22- Haymarket, VA (for breast cancer!)
Rock and Roll Invite- Feb 26-27 – Woodbridge, VA
Emerald City Classic -March 2-4- Leesburg, VA
One of the L 5 sectionals, still don't understand it 100%, waiting for her couch to give the directions there! (prob the Jan 28-29 one at Newport News, VA)
(???) 2012 VA L 5 State- April 28-29 – Radford, VA

Our coach said we might still go to another fun meet in the beginning of February. Anyone in the VA/MD area know of one that has a good meet for compulsoraries??

Hopefully I get to meet some CB people, none of you guys were ever at the CO L 10 meets when I competed lol.

This just makes me sad since my DD would have been at many of these same meets had she not quit the sport!!! I hope to get to the Arlington Aerials meet to cheer on her now ex-teammates!!!

I'll try to think of some of the meets we've done in early February in years past....

I just looked it up... i'ts actually GMS in Manassas, not Haymarket. We've been to their club a few times for meets... it's right off the main highway, so not hard to find!

This just makes me sad since my DD would have been at many of these same meets had she not quit the sport!!! I hope to get to the Arlington Aerials meet to cheer on her now ex-teammates!!!

I'll try to think of some of the meets we've done in early February in years past....

Ah bummer!!! Hopefully you'll still make it down to cheer on her teammates. It was one of the gyms we checked out (and now kind of wishing we'd started there... the grass is always greener though! DN might not have gotten her skills as quickly there or something, who knows!)

I haven't heard of Haymarket or Manasses lol! I've only been to DC, the Arlington Y, NYC for a weekend and Cape Cod/Boston for a wedding on the entire east coast. I'm looking forward to get to drive around Virginia and see the towns :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back