Mission accomplished- thanks Chalk Bucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I found myself sitting and talking to my daughter about gymnastics tonight. After following the "My daughter wants to quit gymnastics" thread, I was thinking about the importance of understanding what my daughter wants to get out of the sport. I asked her what her goals were in the sport. When I asked her about her goals last year it was, "I want to be state champion on vault!" or "I want to win gold in everything at this meet!" or "I want to earn a 38 all-around pin!" Tonight it was totally different. She said, "I want to get my dismounts on bar and beam better. And I want to get my kip!" I pointed out how her goals have changed and that last season she was all about being state champ. As an afterthought she said, "Oh, yeah. I want to win vault at state. And definitely bars. And probably floor."

I love that she's still wanting to win. I love more that her primary goals revolve around getting new skills and that none of her goals now are score-related. Thanks, Chalk Bucket! The good advice is paying off!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back