More money

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

fullinitup

What does your gym offer to make money other than classes and team? Trying to think of other ways that could be used to increase revenue

Dance classes, renting space to martial arts, drop in times for home schoolers, occasional parents night out, pro shop. I think that's about it for dd's gym.

Renting daytime space to pre school classes and zumba
Snacks
Offering classes to local schools to supplement their curriculum.
Cant think what else for now apart from usual fundraising

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Birthday parties. They also seem to double as a recruiting tool. My daughter had her fifth birthday party at the gym, and two of the guests ended up signing up for classes.

Birthday parties, parents night out (drop the kids and siblings off for 3 hours on a Saturday evening), and extra classes for beginner pre team and pre team girls to focus on specific skills. Renting out space in the building for ballet, dance and pilates classes. Selling leotards and other gym-related items.

birthday parties, tumbling classes, parent's night out out once a month (extremely popular- We should probably do these every weekend!). During the mid morning and early afternoon we sometimes have preschools that come in as a field trip and we offer a couple home school classes (brings in older kids at a time when the rest of kids that age are unavailable). We also offer open gyms, with the most success being during school vacations and days off of school. We have a pro shop and sell bottled water and a few healthy snack options. Oh lastly, when the gymnasts are not using the dance studio we schedule adult fitness classes.

The same as others have said, but also some gyms host meets and through that (as well as the consession stand sales and merchandise) they make money on the spectator fees.

Summer camps(different themes every week), birthday parties, pro shop, smoothie days (make smoothies at beginning of class and sell for one dollar), parents night out, lock ins (charge extra for sleep over at gym)

The gym I used to coach at offered Parent's Night Out (3ish hours of gym time and pizza) every Friday and Saturday evening during the school year and I think once a week during the summer. In addition to this they had open gym for teens/adults I think 2 or 3 evenings a week (it was in a college town, so these were usually a big hit). They would sometimes set up a slackline, obstacle courses, parkour type set-ups, or options for skiers/snowboarders during these times.
They offered open gym rentals for birthday parties, school groups, church groups, girl/boy scouts, pretty much anything you could imagine. They were pretty low-key events, though it could be arranged to have a party room available for those that wanted space for presents and cake.
They offered private or small group lessons, not only for current students, but also for girls looking to develop skills for dance or cheer. I think now they might be offering a class solely for acro for dancers as well as karate and an aerial silks class. They almost always have something going on and revamp and add classes periodically to spice things up and bring in new customers.

How much does yalls gym charge to rent out space in the gym per hour?

Open gyms, parents night out, summer camps, pro shop, snacks, birthday parties, field trips, an letting people rent out the gym.

Our gym has:
Snacks
Fashion Shows {The team wearing different leos :)}
Parents' Night Out
Cheerleading Improvement Classes
"Practice Meets" {Team showing off their skills}
Leos, Shorts, Tee-shirts, Water Bottles, and more for sale
Birthday Parties
Girl Scout Trips
Other Gym Rentals
Open gyms
Camps

And...that's all I can think of right now. :)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back