WAG Movement poster/cards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd needs help remembering move sequences. It took her ages to get the bhs and after some digging she said she just couldn't remember all that she had to so when it came time. So we started a memory exercise and a couple of months later she's good. The memory issue isn't new. I just never realised memory as the issue at gym since it's hands on.

So, while we can continue to mentally practice remembering, I thought it'd be better if there's also some visual -- works great with her in math.

Is there a pack of gym move cards with the sequence drawn/photographed for each move? She's fine with slow moves or just one movement. Her brain can process those, but big things like round off bhs she needed help. I've seen a gym with posters of different moved. I did some Googling but no store to buy from. Thx!!

That would be a lovely resource! I think I have seen line drawing versions though

I think it's a nice idea for the basics. I remember seeing a book at my daughter's old gym. I thinking it was called Fundamentals or Fundamental Gymnastics and it had line drawings of figures doing all the various moves and also 'troubleshooting' or common problems associated with each skill and how they were caused. One of the coaches showed it to me for some reason I can't remember. I don't know what level of skill it went up to, but I remember thinking it looked quite clear and simple. Also BG have a very good library, with various resources, which include illustrations. However, I would be wary about trying to explain too much to your dd at home, because the mechanics of most moves, beyond the very simple, are more complicated than a line drawing could show. My dd is somersaulting, just starting to twist and so on, and I watch the coach making tiny adjustments to the position of her head at the right time and small form tweeks which all make a big difference, so I just wouldn't go there myself.

I'll look those up, thx!! I don't plan on fixing or coaching. All I ask her to do is run through the moves in her head before and after bed time. So she knows the moves, she just have to root them in her brain. I thought visuals may help although remembering technique is going well so far!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back