WAG Moving up to L10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am writing a YA novel about a gymnast trying to get a college scholarship. What score does a Level 9 need to move to Level 10? Does it have to be a certain type of meet? Can she move up mid season? Thanks for your help!

34.0... any sanctioned meet. Yes... an athlete can move up mid-season.

But if I were reading a book about someone moving to level 10 it would not feel realistic if she moved up by scoring a 34 in level 9. They move up when they get their level 10 skills/routines. In some gyms they have to have 10.0 start values on all four events to compete level 10. Other gyms are more flexible and will let a gymnast compete level 10 with a couple of events or with lower start values. But it’s getting those skills that is what they are aiming to do / the hard part, at least from what I’ve seen.

But if I were reading a book about someone moving to level 10 it would not feel realistic if she moved up by scoring a 34 in level 9. They move up when they get their level 10 skills/routines. In some gyms they have to have 10.0 start values on all four events to compete level 10. Other gyms are more flexible and will let a gymnast compete level 10 with a couple of events or with lower start values. But it’s getting those skills that is what they are aiming to do / the hard part, at least from what I’ve seen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back