Off Topic Moving Update

• Thread starter Thread starter msl529
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
You are definitely included in may prayers. I first hope for your to stay healthy!! There is a lot to do these days but you will manage it all just fine I`m sure!! :) Then second I also wish you and especially your dd good luck for the meet!!!!
Let us know how it went please!

Hope you and the girls stayed healthy, had a great meet and a safe drive to TX. Can't wait to hear about the new 'digs' and gym search.

As usual, I'm late for everything! I see your computer is already "off" for the time being, but my best wishes are with you anyway for your DD's meet and the drive to Texas. I have a friend who left our area to move to the Houston area, her DD is at one of the Brown's Gymnastics locations and is doing great this year! Let us know which gym you "land" in!

-Lynn

Hi All!

I have JUST gotten my computer hooked up to the internet. It's a temporary 'jerry-rig' until we get our home office up and running, so I may be on & off the internet still, for a while.

I wanted to say thanks for the well wishes, and let you all know we are here in TX, and doing just fine!

DD was healthy for her meet---thank you so much---, did ok, that report is to come later. The girls & I drove for two days to from FL to TX, and it went great. NO problems, and we arrived safely, yay!

The movers came Monday, and as of today, I would say we are about 85% unpacked. We had ice all over the ground our 2nd morning, and took a bunch of pics, I'll post them later. It was a fun change of weather/scenery for us!

DD had her 1st gym try-out tonite. I thought it went great. It's right here in our town, 10 mintues away! However, SHE is not sure about it yet. I don't know what bug is up her butt, but she just won't be satisified until she tries the other two gyms I mentioned to her. I would LOVE it if the one here in town turned out to be her fave. The other two will be 10-15 minutes longer as the driving goes.

We love our new digs. So much more space and very pretty---we have a forest in or back yard! However, we had a coyote running along our back fence yesterday, so we think we'd better not let the cat out, lest he become a coyote snack!

Hope you are all well. I look forward to when I have more time to get on CB and read all your posts and see how you all are!!

Take Care :)

Great to hear from you, wonderful that it all went so well. Hope the gym tryouts go well and the family settle in well.

Welcome 'home' and keep us posted (no pun intended :p ) on the gym try outs

I`m happy to hear everything went so well!!! :)
And it is really good imo that you have 3 gyms to choose from for your dd...though I can understand you`d like her to choose the one she tried out already...

I`m happy to hear everything went so well!!! :)
And it is really good imo that you have 3 gyms to choose from for your dd...though I can understand you`d like her to choose the one she tried out already...
Thank you Martina! I posted in the Parent Forum about her final gym choice, but I will update here, as well.

Upon closer examination, I realized that only two gyms were going to be an option for us right now, as they are the closest, and we just don't feel that extra-long drives are necessary at this point in dd's gym carreer.

So, she tried a second gym nearby, and really liked it. She said she immediately felt very welcome there. All the girls were already cheering for her when she was trying/learning a new skill on beam during her trial class! It is a smaller gym, and not as intense as many are, here in TX. They seem to do pretty well at meets, and the parents say that the HC absolutely loves all the girls. There are many girls there, who will not go w/ any other head coach, and who have been w/ her for many years.

So, we will see how it all goes! She has been 3 times so far and likes it.

Thanks for the support!

OH that sounds awesome about the new gym!! Thanks so much for putting up the news here also! :)
That gym sounds ideal for the kids. It`s just great she found a gym she enjoys - I hope it will stay this way and she will have a great time there learning new things and do well at meets. :) Keep us updated please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back