Parents My DD has quit gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Chalk Bucket Parents,

Well, after almost 9 years, my DD has decided to quit gymnastic to persue other things. Even so, I will always have gymnastics in my heart, and so will she. I videotaped her on bars and beam during her last week, so please enjoy. Please note that she just suffered a fractured foot in January, so she is not at her best, but I'm still real proud of her.

YouTube - Ellie's Beam on 3/31/11

YouTube - SCEGA gymnastics Ellie on bars

Good luck to all of your gymmies!

First off, your dd radiates beauty. Her smile is contagious. Good luck to her pursuing other interests. And kudos to you for supporting her.

I see in your signature that you also have a L3- so it seems you're not out of the woods just yet ;).

She is a beautiful gymnast! I enjoyed watching her. How old is she?
I am sure it will take some getting used to for her and you...but I also hope that she finds something else that she will love. Does she have something in mind already? :)

We enjoyed her video. Such a beautiful gymnast. Does she know what she will pursue after gym? I am sure she will succeed at whatever she does and take all the life lessons she learned in gymnastics along with her. Hugs to you both!

I'm sure it wasn't a decision she made quickly. I know she'll find happiness and success in whatever comes next. Good luck to both of you and don't be a stranger around here.

Thanks for sharing the video. As others have said, she's a wonderful gymnast with a very sweet smile. I hope she enjoys the next chapter of her life. She will ALWAYS be a gymnast. Thanks again for sharing.

enjoyed the videos and your DD is beautiful. Who know she may still change her mind. It seems that L7 girls alot of them quit and move on to other things as it gets more involved in the optional levels. We have a girl on our team L7 that really is good but is going to quit at the end of the month to do soccer instead. She will be missed but she keeps saying in one day she is quiting and on the next she wants to stay. I think being 12 its hard for her to really choose but I think soccer will win out.

Good Luck to your dd.

Nice videos, it will be nice for her to be able to look back one day and see how far she got. I am sure she will have fun with her new endeavours, many girls finish up around age 12 and find lots of new things to love.

What a beauty. That smile. I loved watching the videos and thank you so much for sharing. I hope she enjoys whatever she choses to persue next. Whatever it is, Im sure she will rock it

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed watching her videos and she is a gem. Lots of girls may quit at level 7 but I've also seen them leave, find they can't do without gymnastics, and come back even stronger then when they left. If she decides to stay with something else, I'm sure she will be just as fantastic doing it as well. Gymnastics builds character.

Good luck to her in whatever she decides to do! I will miss seeing her gymnastics though.

Thanks for the video. It looked like she was having so much fun. I think her injury just did her in. Now on for a new chapter. and you never know after a couple months away she might decide that she wants to go back. good luck to her and whatever she may choose to persue next.

Thanks so much for all of your good wishes and comments. She is a beautiful gymnast, if I say so myself. She wants to pursue cheerleading for her freshman year in highschool (she's 14), and then from there decide what to do next. Again, thank you all so much. I hope you don't mind if I continue to lurk here on CB for a while.

I sure hope you not only lurk, but post, too!! You still have lots of years as a gym mom under your belt AND don't you still have a gymmie!! Honestly, all our kiddos will move on from gymnastics eventually. But we can still come here and share our experiences with the newbies. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back