Off Topic My first attempt at making a Leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mileyfiveandfabulous

Proud Parent
This was my first attempt at making a Leo for my DD. She wanted long sleeve Leos for practice since its a little cold out now. Still adding some finishing touches but she likes it :)

Attachments

• 1384785512514.jpg
    1384785512514.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 506
So cute! I sew a bit but I think I'd be overwhelmed by the prospect of making a leo.

Very pretty! Those swirlies were probably difficult to do on the stretch material! You have far more patience than I do! I slaved over a halloween costume once for my son when he was really little(and it was a sew easy pattern). The next year, as it got close to halloween, my husband pulled out $50 and gave it to me and made me promise I would buy him a costume and not make one. Lol. I must have complained a little too loudly when I was trying to sew the first one!

I agree, I'd like to try this too! Did you use the jaelie (spelling may be off on that) if not what did you use? And where did you get the fabric!

tbh you dont need a tutorial - the jalie patterns are very good, the instructions are very clear, plus there are tutorial videos online.

Once you get the hang of them then you can alter them around a bit and customise them.

You can source great fabrics and really go to town.

A couple of hints - make sure you keep you straight of grain constant, and use good thread - its a right pain if it keeps breaking.

Wow, nice effort. I am definitely not showing my daughter this; I have precious little time spare as it is!

Also, side note; is that mini gym... your house?!

Great job! Did you use clear elastic or regular? I sew quite a bit but am terrified of the leg/neck/arm holes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News