WAG Mykayla Skinner...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

it's not a quad double. it's a triple double. and for those that don't understand the lingo, that's a tucked double back with a twist in the first somi and 2 twists in the second somi. and it was performed off a tumbl trak. Biles does this also.

now consider that Kohei and Justin Spring (head coach men's Univ of Illinois) competed this skill on hard top....:)

it's not a quad double. it's a triple double. and for those that don't understand the lingo, that's a tucked double back with a twist in the first somi and 2 twists in the second somi. and it was performed off a tumbl trak. Biles does this also.

now consider that Kohei and Justin Spring (head coach men's Univ of Illinois) competed this skill on hard top....:)
Did you watch the video? It's not on the tumbl trak. And she's already landing the triple double onto mats..

ooops...i meant rod floor or spring strip. my mistake. and right...mats in the pit or resi. i've been with her at the ranch. she has not verified this skill on hard top. right now, i think Biles is the only one with the power to do it on hard top. that was my point and that it was a triple double. and don't misunderstand me, i love Skinner and Lisa and John. :)

Not sure why she said it was a quad double. Either way, crazy. Here's another video and I watched the twists and I think it's a triple double or am I wrong again????

http://instagram.com/p/iIMqhkSmP9/

yep, this is the one that's been out there. and it's in to resi. landing is a bit iffy.

and after looking at the other, and it's hard with my software to slow "instagram" videos down to a reasonable speed, it just MIGHT BE a quad double. best i can slow it down, it's looks like 1 1/4 twist in the first somi and 2 3/4 twist in the second somi.

Skinner and Biles have uncanny air sense. these are easy on trampoline. not so much from a tumbl trak or hard floor.

She seems fearless, doesn't she? She's quickly becoming one of my favorites because she is so, for lack of a nicer word, ballsy.

maybe everyone already knows this, or you don't like to say... but dunno what gym do you coach at? sorry that's totally random!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back