Parents Nail Polish

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Are they allowed nail polish at meets? Some coaches say yes, some say can’t be a bold, bright color and others have said no. Is it depending on the judge?

At our gym, it seems like the junior team has always been told no nail polish at all. The coaches used to bring acetone wipes to meets. The lower optionals and younger upper optionals (usually 8th grade and under) seem to follow the unspoken rule that it can be subdued colors and neat (no chipping or peeling). The high school aged upper optionals seem to wear whatever colors they want but, always neat looking.

Individual gyms also have their own rules on whats allowed. So while one gym may allow something and USAg doesn’t have an issue. The gym down the street may say no. Our gym is no obvious colors or long crazy nails. My kid kid keeps hers short. Her preference for gym and lacrosse

USAG has no rules banning nail polish (or hair color, for that matter). Individual gyms may have their own rules, but luckily mine does not. My daughter often competes with her nails painted.

My first gym said absolutely no nail polish. Our meet coach would bring a bottle of nail polish remover and a bag of cotton balls to every single meet. Though, they even tried to tell me that I was not allowed to have purple in my hair - after it was done with their approval. My current gym could care less. Obviously no crazy hair. And if your nails are a subdued color or match the leotards, they let you do what you want.

There are no rules regarding nail color, nail polish, or hair dye. Many gyms have their own rules. The myth that its a deduction has persisted even though it hasn’t been a deduction for years (I don’t know if it used to be in the old days, but it hasn’t been for a long time).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back