Need meet fairies and NO SNOW fairies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD has a meet Sunday at 4:30. We are expecting a snow storm on Saturday, and snow around here closes everything! Actually the threat of snow has even been known to close school. This is very different from the 4/12 years I spent in Maine, where 12" was considered a dusting!

So, I am hoping for no snow, or at least just a little that can be cleared by Sunday. It is a one day meet, so all sessions are on Sunday. I am also hoping DD has a good meet. She been working ahead on some L7 skills, but I hope she can focus on the L6 skills for the meet! Just hoping she is happy with how she does.

Fairies are on the way. Good luck to your dd Sunday!!! I'm sure she'll do great :)

But some people actually like snow! So can we send snow plow fairies instead?

Yes, we will take the snow plow farries! My first winter in MD they actually had to hire equipment and people from NY to come plow us out! Having come from New England all my life and spending 4 1/2 year in Maine, it was too funny to me.

Forecast depends who you listen to, of course. One says a foot, one says two feet, another says just wait, because by tomorrow it could change to a dusting!

Darn that groundhog!

We have an 8am Sat meet in Lancaster so I hope you are willing to share those snow plow fairies! :)

Easy! Send the snow up this way. I'll take care of it. We can use some here.

BTW, flippersmom, maybe it's time to move back up North. At least (some) people know what to do with the snow.

Seriously, hope that your guys can have an excellent meet without interference by the weather. L6 is when things start to be fun. Can't blame you for not wanting to miss it.

I'd send some plows, but I'm in NC, I don't think we have any since 3 inches of snow with a smidge of ice thrown in closed school for 3 days !!!

I grew up in CT so this entertains me, however - they just don't have enough equipment here to handle any amount !!!

Good luck to your DD !!

We have an 8am Sat meet in Lancaster so I hope you are willing to share those snow plow fairies! :)

Of course we'll share snow plow faries!

They are already working on a make-up date for us. Hope your travel is safe, or the meet is postponed. We will mostly likely now have two meets the same weekend - the Pink Invitational on a Friday and this one on a Sunday. I'd rather do that they drive before its safe or miss out on Sunday. Even if they plow their lot, I think they realize most gymnast and probably the judges won't be able to make it. Hopefully we'll hear soon.

Good luck to your DD if you have your meet.

Sounds like it's a sure thing now according to the news around here. They are talking about the storm of recent decades for your area (something like 2 feet). I also heard that the Mid-Atlantic is shutting down pretty much everything starting this afternoon.

Why did you guys order all that snow anyway?

Why did you guys order all that snow anyway?

Actually it is a joke in my family because it is my mom's birthday, and I lived in Massachusetts during the Blizzard of '78 (which started pretty much the same day in Massachusetts), so I told her her birthday present must have come to my house instead! They didn't get anything but a small dusting.

So no meet for us. Which meets two meets the same weekend the end of February. Friday morning and Sunday night.

We have had power, but no heat for 2 days. We are thankful for electric heaters! Hopefully heat back tomorrow, of course we are expecting another story on Tuesday/Wednesday!

I can send some fairies, but we need one or two also. We are going to a meet up in NY and we are flying (small plane) so we need NO SNOW Sunday morning. (we can fly in a little snow, but it's generally miserable)

Good luck!
snowbound

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back