Off Topic Need some hair help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vivianflips

So I have an end of the year Acting showcase coming up (acting is my hobby outside of gymnastics) and my acting teacher wants me to have tight spiral curls in my hair. Slight problem, I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that! I know that some gymnasts compete with curls like that in their hair so that's why I'm asking here for advice!

I agree, curlformers are amazing. You can get different types of curlformers as well, some that do looser wide curls and some that do more tight spirally curls. But whatever method you choose, make sure you practice ahead of time and work out all the kinks. Good luck!

Well, the old fashion way is to cut out long strips from an old pillowcase or from a paper bag. Part the hair in small sections and wrap the hair around the long strip and roll up and tie. Or another way is to take small sections and "twist" the hair and then roll up in a circle(should look like a tiny bun) and then put bobby pins. These ways should be done with the hair damp, and put mousse or gel to help set the hair and do not comb out!

I agree, curlformers are amazing. You can get different types of curlformers as well, some that do looser wide curls and some that do more tight spirally curls. But whatever method you choose, make sure you practice ahead of time and work out all the kinks. Good luck!
We use Curlformers from Sally Beauty Supply. They really work on my dd's ultrafine hair!
Thank you :) I'll look into those

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back