WAG New Gym for Sophia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I so agree with this statement. I too had to move my daughter from a toxic environment. It was also verbally and mentally abusive. I don't think that these coaches realize how harmful they are to young impressionable children. I wish I had identified it earlier then I did but as soon as I did she was out of there. But not before I tried to deal with the head coach, club president and general manager of the club. Sadly they all knew it was happening but did nothing.
Fast forward 6 months - she LOVES gym again. Your Sophia will too, in the right environment. Best of luck for her.

To be fair, it was verbal NOT physical punishment BUT it can be as damaging long term in my opinion. Also, it wasn't when they don't do well but anytime that Sophia didn't WIN. You can have a great meet and not win!

Did Victoria nguyen also leave chow’s? Is she currently training at all? Didnt seem like she competed this season

To be fair, it was verbal NOT physical punishment BUT it can be as damaging long term in my opinion. Also, it wasn't when they don't do well but anytime that Sophia didn't WIN. You can have a great meet and not win!

This statement is sooooo important for all gymnasts, parents, coaches, and everyone else to keep in mind:
“you can have a great meet and not win.”

It’s all about keeping everything in perspective, and not continuously comparing a gymnast to others. Each gymnast has her own goals and objectives - when those are achieved, they should be celebrated!

[So happy for Sophia :) ]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back