WAG Next Level Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi my daughter has been using Gibson Just Right Too's with the Velcro for the last few years.
This off season she is having problems with the leather on her palms rolling and having to restrap the Velcro after every touch of the bar (grips are only a few months old).
She has very small hands and these have been great up until now but she needs the next level.
What is the next level?
She's a pretty good Gymnast, a small 10 year old training 20 hours a week.

Thanks

DD uses the Gibson just right buckle grips, has she tried them? They are dowel grips, her hands are small and they fit her well.

Unfortunately we live in New Zealand so we can't just go and look at Grips, I will have to order them blind from the States.
Are the Gibson Just Right (not Just Right too) still quite soft leather?

Not sure what their shipping rates to NZ would be, but I've heard really good things about Ginnasta from kids. Easy to break in and good for smaller/lighter kids too. They have velcro or buckle and also regular and narrow width. We have a few girls who are working on a year (maybe even a little more) with their velcro grips from them and still going strong- though they are lighter girls not doing a ton of big swinging. I imagine the wear and tear would be much greater for larger girls as well as those doing bigger swinging skills (more giants/circling sills).
http://www.ginnasta-usa.com/Shipping-Returns.html

This off season she is having problems with the leather on her palms rolling and having to restrap the Velcro after every touch of the bar (grips are only a few months old).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried x-bands? They're little bands that keep velcro grips from coming undone. I believe you can find them on www.gymnasticsx.com

DD, 11, uses English Bulldog w/Velcro. She trains about 30 hours a week and needs a new pair about every 6 months or so. She's tried several, but those are the ones she likes the most

Reactions: sce
Dd uses reisports. This seems to be the brand most of the girls around here switch to when they hit level 8 or so. They hold up really well and she has had no issues with them other than she is a nervous velcroer so she may switch to buckles next time.

She has smaller hands and started with pixie grips, did a pair of ginnastas which are easy to break in but didn't last long. She also had a pair of blue ten-o but after a couple months she demanded reisports like the big girls. :)

My level 7 DD wears double buckle dowel grips from US Glove, and has for 3 or so years now. She loves them - easy to break in, and while she's stuck to one style, they do have a variety of types.

My DS is fairly small and is brand new to grips. He ended up going with velcro Reisport dowels simply because he wanted the same ones his teammates used (and they "look awesome", apparently). :)

I do have to say, I recently ordered both of them grips - my DS's first pair and a new backup pair for DD, and we received them the same day. I was quite surprised how much softer the Reisport leather was compared to US Glove... whether that's good or bad... who knows?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back