No optionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've posted before about the gym i am currently attending and the troubles with it but recently things came to an all time low.:(
We no longer have ANY optionals, and i am currently the highest level in USAG (training 7 but i don't count myself quite optional yet). The gym offers another option besides USAG which is called AGA (more information is available on AGA if you have questions) and within this association we have 2 gymnasts from the 10 they had last year.
My point is that there is no future in this gym unless i make it and thats scary because im not that great! i really worried the gym will close when the parents realize this, i also wish to get into a gymnastics college (division 3 at max probably) and i know its possible but i dont kn ow what to do about this gym!
I'm actually not sure what the point of this post is but yeah:eek:, i was just wondering if you had any input or suggestions on what to do or what you would do in my situation.

Sorry this is so long, and thanks in advance!

If you like this gym, you should stay! But if you dont you should consider moving to another gym. Many gyms are in this situation, the number of optional gymnasts is really declining!

IF the gym doesn't offer what you want or need no matter how much you like them they aren't going to help you on your gymnastic journey. Talk to your parents let them know how you feel and what you are hoping for gymnasticly. They can help you make a good choice. As a parent if you told me what you just posted I would tell you its time to look for a gym that will offer what you need to do what you want to do. I think it's time to move.

I don't think having no optionals is a huge issue (our gym has no one above lvl 5 because the last wave of people quit a few years ago) but if you are trying to make it to college and your current gym can't get you there maybe it is time for a change so I think you should evaluate whether or not the gym meets your needs

I was at a gym sort of like that, so I decided to leave. That was a great decision. After one year at a new gym I have improved greatly. I am very impressed with my progress when I joined that gym. I could have never thought that I would have become as good as I am now. So basically you should just go and try out different gyms a day so you can decide weather to stay or leave.

If you like the gym, stay. If not, you should look at other places.

In my own opinion, it is very beneficial to have higher level gymnasts at your gym. Not only does that almost always guarantee that your coaches can teach higher levels, it is very inspirational to see how well they are doing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back