WAG Olympic bound!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mOm2gymnast<3

Coach
Proud Parent
Lol ok, so I just want to share this. I was standing next to the counter at the gym and I over heard one of the coaches told a parent that Susie is so good that she has Olympic potential. Susie is 9 years old training level 4. Susie is strong and has talent but to my untrained eye, Susie is not exceptional compared to the other 9 year olds I see that are in much higher level. Susie's parent are ecstatic and very excited to get Susie to the olympics after coach told them this! Yikes!!!!

There was a mom at a previous gym of my DDs who was telling me how she told her daughter not to mess up at a particular meet because she was videotaping her. I asked if she usually films her DD (I know I do) and she said yes, but this time it was for college recruiters. Her DD was a 17 year old junior and a second year L7. I asked why the coach doesn't film recruitment videos and she said he does, but her camera is better. I obviously bit my tongue but I really hope she didn't get from anyone at the gym that her DD would be recruited for ucla. Poor girl had her heart set on it too. I felt really bad all around.

Reactions: sce
Well it happens here all the time with 4,5,6 year olds. We have a separate international stream and to get parents to buy into the kool aid of the high hours and sacrifice many believe that it means their child is going to the Olympics.

Wow, well that will be lovely for you to see Susie in the Olympics and say how you knew her way back when...

I'll be sure to sit by her family in the stands while I'm watching my three Olympians ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back