Olympic trials commentary...Tim Daggett style!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OMG IM LMAO right now. Its all so so true. I actually youtube'd him and there was this one video about a girl on the vault. He said " Shes not ready ... her coaches know it, she knows it, her parents know it . She is going to play it safe on this vault because this is not her strongest .. and there she goes " ... * gymnast nails it and apparently was a really hard skill too* ( sorry I am new to gymnastics so I don't know the names but the crowd went ballistic* haha

Haha i believe that was Maroney.

i believe that was Kyla Ross. in any event...can't stand him. moutza-nah to him!:)

I totally hear what you are saying, but why is it I could see that skills on beam lacked connection, but the judges clearly awarded connection. The judges didn't seem to see the long pause between skills that we could clearly see at home. Just sayin'! ;)

If you can see a wobble at home, you can be assured the judges can see it.

You're right on there, Granny! It's amazing what they don't see. How on earth they missed Jordyn's out of bounds on her floor ex routine at the trials was so completely beyond me.

How on earth they missed Jordyn's out of bounds on her floor ex routine at the trials was so completely beyond me.
I think that it was not the judges that missed it, but the person who is supposed to raise the flag if someone goes out. Well, I guess they are technically a judge. But I guess if the flag doesn't go up they don't give a deduction.

And it never fails that when they are on beam and Tim and Elfy are commentating on how "flawless and solid" the routine is, the gymnast will bobble or fall :sigh:. It's like by them just opening their mouths with their useless babbling, they are jinxing the gymnasts. And when Maroney took that horrible fall in warm-ups for floor at the previous meet, they play the playback, then say "Oooh, you don't want to see that again", then they zoom in, slow it down and highlight the fall by circling it by shading out everything but the fall.

You're right on there, Granny! It's amazing what they don't see. How on earth they missed Jordyn's out of bounds on her floor ex routine at the trials was so completely beyond me.

i assure you that they didn't miss it...

Didn't miss the connections or the out of bounds?

both...........

I think that it was not the judges that missed it, but the person who is supposed to raise the flag if someone goes out. Well, I guess they are technically a judge. But I guess if the flag doesn't go up they don't give a deduction.

Hmm... we'll have to agree to disagree.

Brevet judges are not good at applying the rules, unless it is a third tier gymnast.

The top brevets generally behave like our top politicians behave, so three cheers of esteem for them, and the US senate.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back