P.E. testing :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

For P.E. we do a test were we see how many sit ups we can do i 1 min, pike sit with feet pushed up against a box and we have to reach forward and see how far past our feet we can get, height, weight, how much body fat is on our scapula and how much is on our tricep and we hold onto this thing and squeeze it as tight as we can to see our hand strength :)

sit ups in 1 min: 54 :)
pike sit reach: last yr i got 16cm this yr i got 21cm :)
we havent done height and weight yet :)
scapula: 30mm
tricep: 28mm for girls the average for both is between 20-30mm :)
and for the grip test i got 40kg i beat all the boys in my whole yr and the highest of girls was 27 and boys was 36 YAY lol

Way to go :) all that hard work pays off in other places too! Keep it up and have a great competition season!

gymnasts always do awesome at that kind of stuff. In elementary school there was this girl who would always beat everyone in the PE tests and i never understood why until after i found out she was a gymnast. Then i was like, "makes perfect sense".

gymnasts always do awesome at that kind of stuff. In elementary school there was this girl who would always beat everyone in the PE tests and i never understood why until after i found out she was a gymnast. Then i was like, "makes perfect sense".
totally agree, except when it involves a ball :p

we did government fitness testing for a survey and i felt very proud to have a perfect split leap :p

and my flexibility was too flexible for them to measure :p

Hehe I kind of like P.E. testing for this reason :) Congrats on those scores! We've done "the beep test" and pushups so far.

The beep test is basically a test where you run a certain distance at the beep, run back when it beeps again, and basically continue. I'm not very good at that test because we don't do a lot of endurance in gym; only got 34 20-meter runs (as compared to kids on the track or soccer team, who get like 60-110). I did pretty well on the push ups though; beat everyone except one guy who did like 4 more (I got 40). The push up test has a voiceover you have to follow so it was a bit harder than normal push ups.

Only 40 fishchimes?

Haha, i'm j/k, most non-gymnast girls (even the athletes) can't do more than 10.

my daughter always does well on these too. She love outdoing the boys. Although, I think they only require 13 push ups for 10 year old girls. Not very high expectations.

Looove fitness testing. At my old junior high school, I've got the school record for most sit-ups in a minute for girls, which was 69. This year, another girl tied me...who is also a gymnast who goes to my gym. What's funny is that she has the same last name as me (no relation) so on the records boards the top two scores boards have the same last name and everyone thinks we're sisters.

I don't remember what I get for sit-and-reach (pike). It's not particularly good for the gymnasts/dancers (17ish?) but my pike stretch is quite good so I'm not fussed. Push-ups...I think I got 35ish but I do more than that at gym. Pacer (beep test)...I do the minimum the teacher asks us to do because IT'S BORING. Teehee.

My coach says when she was in high school she would do wimpy girl push-ups during warm-up because she didn't want to work hard (after all, she had five hours of working hard after school) and then when fitness testing came around, she'd pump out 80 push-ups and the teacher was like :eek:

oh sounds cool yeah we do the beep test but we dont do pushups i normally get 3.4 which is the same as you!! i can run really fast but not for long!! i rock at vault lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back