Pain in shoulders, knees, femurs, wrists, lower back, Achilles, calves?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
Is it normal to have pain all over after gymnastics and tumbling? I'm just always in pain as long as I'm in the sport. I need skills that hurt my back to make team and pain will not get in the way of my goals. It feels like I tore stuff.

It's common to feel soreness--even to the point when you have to fall out of bed and have to shuffle along like an elderly granny with a walking stick. I feel pain occasionally after lots of tumbling in my wrists and ankles but that goes away within a day or two. If you feel like you "tore stuff", probably need to stretch and warm up more. Another reason you could be sore is if you have not been doing gymnastics for a period of about 4-5 or more days.

From your previous posts, I'm assuming you are working on back-walkovers. They had hurt (read as "tormented") my back too. I found flexibility was a bit of an issue as well as posture and technique. If you do a quick search on chalkbucket for 'back walkovers', there will be lots of results that will be helpful.

Then again, if the pain is chronic and something does not feel right, a visit to the doctors would be a good idea. We can't really provide accurate medical advice through the webs! :eek:

This is pretty common with older recreational gymnasts when they start.

I remember during one week, the girls that were in my group for summer camp started complaining about being too sore to get out of bed so I was told to lighten it up on the conditioning so they would come back.

TBH, we weren't doing much, but they were rec gymnasts so back to back to back days was too much for some of them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back