Parents Pain in the arms...what to do??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

My 16 yr old level 8 has recently been experiencing pain in her left forearm, about 6 inches above the inside of the wrist. It hurts most when she vaults and does floor tumbling. Is this similar to "shin splints"? And what can we do about it? Biofreeze helps to a degree but with the season fast approaching I'm starting to wonder when to call the Dr. It doesn't happen every class, but most of them. She hasn't had any injury to the arm so this is out of the blue. Any ideas???:confused:

You are obviously concerned and if it were me I would take her to the doctor sooner rather than later.

I would be worried that it may be something that could be made worse by working on it - it could be nothing much - which will be a nice relief, or if it is potentially serious and she shouldnt really be tumbling on it, then it really is better to know now, rather than risk making things worse.

Lots of things could cause pain there. Since season is coming up, I would get her to the doc and see what's going on.

Definitly go to the DR to get this checked out. It could be alot of things and you wont know for sure until a professional checks it out.

When My dd had wrist issues from growth our Dr had her wear wrist supports and she still wears them.

Can't diagnose over the internet--definitely take her to the doctor and see what they say.

forearm splints. generally this like shin splints is an issue of too much without enough rest. take some time off and allow them to heal.

this happens time to time with guys on mushroom as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back