Petitioning to L7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I seem to recall hearing about a rule allowing girls over 14 to petition into L7 without having to qualify out of L6. Can anybody verify this or tell me where I can look it up or what the process is?

On page 19 of the 2009-2010 USAG R&P:

"Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age (and is also at least a freshman in High School) is eligible to petition the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 7. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level."

So, yes it can be done. You'd have to make a video and contact your state committee.

On page 19 of the 2009-2010 USAG R&P:

"Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age (and is also at least a freshman in High School) is eligible to petition the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 7. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level."

So, yes it can be done. You'd have to make a video and contact your state committee.

Awesome, thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back