Photo Montage at End of year Banquet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
So I am handeling the photo show at the spring banquet for our gym. This is the first time I am doing it for our club. I have done others for differnt stuff.

A couple of questions. We have both boys and girls programs and in the past photos have been girls meet photos then boys meet photos then a bunch of photos from fun programs through out the year.

What are your thoughts on mixing up these photos instead of all girls then all boys??

Next, we would like to make a copy of this photo show for each gymnast. I plan on doing this show in Windows Movie Maker can I copy this to only a photo CD for your computer or can I make it a DVD you would play on a TV or doesnt this matter??

Any suggestions for music during photos is good too.

Thanks

You can easily make it into a DVD that can be watched on TV or computer, just buy some rewritable DVDs and in Movie Maker there should be an option for burning the disc. I have to say though, I have burned a short DVD before and it took about an hour and a half to burn the one DVD so you may want to consider that depending on the amount of gymnasts. Also I don't know if that was just my old computer being slow.
As for mixing the girls and the boys, its a tough one. I think it depends on what you want to show. Mixing them up is good for showing the diversity and uniting the gym as a whole. However, I found at my gym, the girls team don't work very much at all with the boys team apart from maybe once a year in a tumbling display. Some of the gymnasts may find it a bit odd to have clips of people they barely know in with something that they want to be an amazing lasting memory of their team. It's a really tough one and I don't know what I'd say. I think both options reinforce the team idea, it's just whether it is the specific team the compete and train with or the gym as one big team. Also, my gym doesn't do anything like this so I may not be the best person to offer advice.
On the music front, someone really recently posted a thread called music suggestions and it was for a montage and there are some great suggestions in there so I'd check it out.

How much do the two teams interact? If they share coaches, have team events together, and know each other on a more personal level, then mixing could be okay. But if they don't know anything beyond each others names, it might be best to keep them separate. If they are going to get a personal copy, I don't imagine they would want it to have tons of pictures of people they don't know.

windows movie maker is great, but i also thinks it takes a long time, depending on how long the video is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back