Parents Picky eater, losing weight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh one more thing that I forgot to mention - one of my DDs is on meds for ADD and instead of pills has a patch. It looks like a clear nicotine patch that adheres to her hip bone and is easily hidden by underwear/leotards. As my doctor explained it- because it does not go through her digestive tract it does not have the same side effects as the pills (disinterest in food/weight loss/etc.) This might be something to discuss with your pediatrician.

I too have a scrawny kid on ADHD meds. But he is always hungry at night and I had to quit saying "eat what we are having for dinner or go hungry" because he would just go hungry and it never phased him. So now he can just eat all evening, pretty much whatever he wants ( we don't really keep junk food around). Taking away all my typical kid limitations has helped him stay on the charts. I also make sure I have foods he really likes on hand. We also do not give him his meds on weekends, school breaks or during the summer. This has really helped him not fall too far behind.

Thanks for the ongoing assistance! I found some weight gain protein powder that has 650 calories per serving (16 oz drink), and there was another one (in a larger package so I didn't want to roll with it yet) that was 720! So I've been mixing a half serving with 2 cups of whole milk, and that's kind of working. (Ends up with about 700 calories for 16 oz, so even if he just drinks 1/4 of it, that's a somewhat decent chunk of calories.) I'm really appreciating your support, folks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back