Parents Plantars Wart?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can I ask those of you that have used duck tape have you had any problems with it not sticking? I have tried both actual duck tape and cheaper brands but none of them stay stuck to my dd foot, within half an hour of me putting it on it's fallen off even when she is sat down doing nothing! She does have sweaty feet so not sure if that's why it won't stay stuck.

Are you using the actual grey duct tape or those artsy ones now sold everywhere? I think the adhesive on the grey stuff sold at hardware stores is much stronger than the other tape. And yes I spelled it right. It is duct tape, fir taping ducts. The duck brand can sling much later.

Sounds like I might be the only one without success using duct tape alone. When DD had them (started with one, but it spread so she ended up with several) we ultimately had to use the OTC wart remover and exfoliate daily (like @LindyHopper described). Progress was slow... and then (as if DD's immune system finally kicked in) they all disappeared at once.

Sounds like I might be the only one without success using duct tape alone. When DD had them (started with one, but it spread so she ended up with several) we ultimately had to use the OTC wart remover and exfoliate daily (like @LindyHopper described). Progress was slow... and then (as if DD's immune system finally kicked in) they all disappeared at once.

I wrote the OP last year and duct tape didn't work for my dd. I tried ACV and duct tape and several other home remedies with no success. I ended up taking her to a dermatologist who did the beetle juice treatment (I'm not sure that did much) and had us use curad mediplast on them. We cut out little pieces of it and stuck them on and then, during practice, wrapped in athletic tape to keep it on. They were gone within a couple of weeks.

We did something similar to LindyHopper.

My (then 3 year old) daughter had a wart on her little toe and it went on forever. Many months. Wart was so large it was hard for her to be comfortable in shoes. Doctor froze it numerous times, and we also followed the duct tape protocol as given by doctor. (Studies support this method, but it did not work for us- Duct tape protocol destroyed all the tissue around the wart, wart stayed firm.)

Here is what finally rid us of the wart.
Every single day without fail, twice a day if possible: Soaked foot for 15 minutes in warm water/white vinegar solution (or do following after a warm bath)
Rub wart gently with pumice stone
Applying liquid compound W or equivalent, I just bought the cheapest generic.

Once we dedicated the time and effort and were consistent with this, the wart finally fell away within a couple weeks. We treated a few days longer to keep it from coming back.

Are you using the actual grey duct tape or those artsy ones now sold everywhere? I think the adhesive on the grey stuff sold at hardware stores is much stronger than the other tape. And yes I spelled it right. It is duct tape, fir taping ducts. The duck brand can sling much later.
I have tried everything from the silver/grey stuff my husband had in his shed, I've bought numerous different roles from of different brands from different hardware shops of duct tape including branded grey duck tape meant for ducts to the arty duck tape and none of it stays stuck on my dd foot! My husband now has a draw full of duct tape in his shed!

Reactions: sce
I have tried everything from the silver/grey stuff my husband had in his shed, I've bought numerous different roles from of different brands from different hardware shops of duct tape including branded grey duck tape meant for ducts to the arty duck tape and none of it stays stuck on my dd foot! My husband now has a draw full of duct tape in his shed!

Sounds like your dd needs to do some crafting. There is lots of fun stuff to be made out of duck tape.

Are you trying to get the tape to stay stuck to the skin? That did not work for us. We had to wrap the whole toe so the tape stuck to tape. Again the duct tape cure did not work in my daughter's case, but we did manage to get the duct tape to stay on by wrapping the whole area so the tape stuck to itself. (We still had to replace it here and there.)

Are you trying to get the tape to stay stuck to the skin? That did not work for us. We had to wrap the whole toe so the tape stuck to tape. Again the duct tape cure did not work in my daughter's case, but we did manage to get the duct tape to stay on by wrapping the whole area so the tape stuck to itself. (We still had to replace it here and there.)
She doesn't currently have one but is prone to them, the last few have been on her heels so yes being trying to get the tape to stick to her skin, not sure she would like it being wrapped around her ankle, but something I will bear in mind depending on where the next one appears.

Sce, what about tape over the duct tape to tape the tape on. Lol. It might work.
I have tried this but I think my dd feet are very sweaty so struggle to get anything to stay stuck on her foot! It ends up with me using huge amounts of tape for the smallest thing and my dd doesn't like to do gym especially beam with large amounts of tape on her feet.

When my DD gets them they're usually on the ball of her foot or the arch. I wrap duct tape around the whole width of the foot over lapping it at the top of the foot. I put it on at night then take it off the next night for her to wash her foot then another piece goes on as soon as it's been dried. The grey one I used to have to wrap stretchy plaster over it overlapping at the top again but the funky design ones seem to stay on better so no need to add anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back