please send prayers.. tramp gone wrong :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

O

onedream

my really good friend kate was doing very simple things on the tramp two days ago, like back hand springs and simple elements like that, just to cool off from her workout that day. well, she landed on her neck wrong.. and now she's paralyzed from her hip joints down... she's really really ripped up, and so am I. gymnastics was her whole life.. and I'm pretty sure she's the reason our team got state champion last year.. anyway, asking for some prayers and good thoughts. thanks.
-onedream

my really good friend kate was doing very simple things on the tramp two days ago, like back hand springs and simple elements like that, just to cool off from her workout that day. well, she landed on her neck wrong.. and now she's paralyzed from her hip joints down... she's really really ripped up, and so am I. gymnastics was her whole life.. and I'm pretty sure she's the reason our team got state champion last year.. anyway, asking for some prayers and good thoughts. thanks.
-onedream

this is a horrible event. can you please tell us what gym so that some of us could send a card and flowers?

Thoughts and prayers. I'm just really shocked you guys know already what happened for sure. Usually there's so many surgeries and treatments in the early days of an injury like that. My friend was just paralyzed from around the hip joins down and it was due to an injury/illness in her lower back/lumbar area. Neck/cervical injuries usually result in quadriplegia, not being able to use your arms or hands. The good thing that is since it's so early, if it is a spinal cord injury, there's lots of time for the swelling to go down and there to be some improvement, especially in really young people. :big hug:

Omg that is so horrible. My thoughts and prayers are sent to your's and her family. I hope you two recover and I wish you the best.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back