Parents Pocket Gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Really? When I saw her this past weekend, she was on a pretty good sized team....about ten girls maybe.

Yep, she was the only one on her "team" that day when I saw her. But, this was last season and she was doing L4 so maybe her gym doesn't have many of the lower levels. It was her and two coaches. :)

Yep, she was the only one on her "team" that day when I saw her. But, this was last season and she was doing L4 so maybe her gym doesn't have many of the lower levels. It was her and two coaches. :)

We saw her at the same meet as madigym00. She was competing as a level 4 in January of this year. She was in the same session as my daughter. Her videos don't do her justice. She was tiny and has gorgeous form. Very precise and clean. I am not surprised that she's now competing as a 7.

I think this is the same girl with videos of her at 4 years old doing back walkovers on the (floor) beam and missing her hands repeatedly? And doing RHBHBHBHBH until she's basically doing a headspring? Trying to throw back tucks at 4? I remember watching those videos and being a bit freaked out that this kid was being coached to throw those skills at such a young age.

We have a couple of very young optional gymnasts on this very board. There are also a couple of YouTube sensations who are on an elite track (whether they'll make national teams or not, who knows) and who have the incredible natural ability, the right personality, plus the coaching they need to take them there (one of my favorites is a young girl, L9 now I think, training at Amanda Borden's gym). The combo is pretty rare! However, there is often an overemphasis in the internet world on "tiny" gymnasts and a sort of wow-factor to seeing very small kids throw difficult tricks, even when those tricks are not age appropriate.

Konnor M. is obviously not 4 anymore so what's done is done but I hope her coaches will keep her happy and healthy as they train her through optionals.

I saw a youtube video of her as well when she was 4 yr old. I thought she was amazing! But then I felt a little sad thinking she must LIVE in the gym. I hope she is still able to be a kid, or that she truly loves the gym (which she obviously does since she is still doing great). She's is an adorable kid!! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back