WAG Points for B value skills in Xcel???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SlimsPickin

Coach
Proud Parent
Xcel: If a gymnast can correctly execute a B value skill (and it’s not restricted) do they get .3 points for the skill? Or is it still .1?

Example a Silver gymnasts correctly executes 540 passé on floor. Does she get the B value in her score, or is there absolutely zero benefit to adding B skills even though they’re allowed?

I wonder if it's relevant, but overrotating a passé may also have one other benefit. I don't know the Xcel code of points, but in our code it's really easy to get a turn downgraded. so if you try to do 360 degrees and you do 350 you don't get credit. doing e.g. a 540 would make sure you at least get the full turn around and credited if you fall a bit short. (Though again, I am used to a different code. We don't even have 540 turn on floor, only full or double. Halves count only on beam for us.)

I’m confused by your question. There’s no bonus in Xcel. They dont earn points by doing a higher skill. In many cases it is detrimental to their score. Can you elaborate on what you’re asking?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back