WAG Practice hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinkos98

Gymnast
Hey everyone...so I have thick layered hair that's a little past my shoulders, I usually put it in a high ponytail, braid it, then twist it into a bun and that usually stays pretty well during practice, do you guys have any other ideas? I'd put it in a regular ponytail, but my hair frizzes A LOT! :eek: Anyway if you guys could please help that would be great.

I have long, thick, very curly/frizzy hair as well. A plain ponytail or bun was usually my go-to for practice (and still is for coaching), even if it is kind of crazy/frizzy. If you wanted to change it up a little bit, and keep some of the shorter layers from coming out you could braid a section on the side back into the ponytail or bun, or do a section on both sides (regular braid, french braid, or backwards french braids all work well).
You could do a ponytail, split into 2-3 sections, braid each one, tuck under and then secure with an elastic.
Some of the more creative hair folks on here will probably have much more unique suggestions, though. I typically just go for what is quick and easy.

I usually do a high ponytail with one hair tie then use a second hair tie and do the Mckayla Maroney style hair style. Finally I get a scrunchie and tie it around the loop part of this hair style. I discovered after much trial and error that this is by far the most secure hairstyle - the trick is the 2 hair ties plus the scrunchie

Hi,
My second daughter has hair like this and usually, I will braid it into french braids, then slack it back with gel then hairspray it in, then either take the braids and twist them into a bun and then slack it down with more hairspray and gel or I will leave the braids as they are and just spray hairspray in her hair.

Do not know if there is an actual deduction but I tell my kids that their hair color must be "naturally occurring in nature"

LOL...I never thought of using the judge strategy in such a way. Bella is dying for a blue streak in her hair a la Jade from Victorious. I don't really have a good reason to keep telling her no even though I do. But gymnastics may satisfy her "why" mentality.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back