Pre Team Help (And Fast!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

I start level three next tuesday, and I did 10 front hips at the park, and I almost have my kip. I really want to ring the Skill Bell for them (you ring a bell then demonstrate your skills). I got grips and I don't know if I will still almost have my kip and have my front hip in grips. Any tips?:eek:

Are they dowel grips or palm guard grips?
If palm guard, it shouldn't cause to much trouble.

If you got dowel grips if could cause some issues.

But either way, I'd suggest doing some swings and trying some skills but maybe not wearing them the whole practice, just so you can slowly break them in!
That way you can still show your skills without them!

They're palm grips, and I have to wear them, or else I will rip and I slide off the bar (yes I use chalk and sometimes I just slip and not get rips). Do you have any tips on how to break them in? They're GK Elite palm grips. Also, do you have tips for kips? thanks :)

My tip for the kip is hold your toes to the bar as long as possible before you push down to support.

PUSH DOWN TO SUPPORT. Do not try to pull yourself then push down to support.

Do you have any drills? Because when I do the kip my back arches. How do I not arch my back?

For palm guards make sure you use chalk on them and just do lots of tap swings on the high bar at the beginning of practice, then try your skills!

Do glide swings on low bar work? We don't usually do high bar until the end of bar practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back