Parents Pretty good meet after all!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Reaction score
I was a bit concerned about today's meet because of the way the levels were broken up... my DD was competing with 2 out of her 8 level 5 team-mates plus another 2 girls from our level 4 team. It was a big meet, a long meet, and competition was fierce. Today I saw some of the highest scores that I've ever seen, and the girls who were coming in first 3 places AA were, for the most part, all scoring above 37. Our puny little YMCA team with our measly 6 hours of practice a week didn't stand a chance... but Kathy did an awesome job.

She started out this year scratching on bars (no squat-on, no jump to high bar, iffy kip) and scoring something around a 21. Well, she's improved at every meet, and scored a 33.25 today! She only placed on floor, but she was tickled by her improvement (last meet was a 31.75) and thrilled that, if she can duplicate that score in sectionals, she will qualify for States.

I'm proud of her for doing well, but I'm especially proud of her for being happy about how she scored compared to her previous scores, as opposed to how she scored compared to the other girls out on the floor.

Way to go, my Kathy!!! :D

Good for her on all counts. If she keeps it up she'll have a great sectional and state meet!

Congratulations on the big improvement! Glad to hear that it went well despite the sort of odd grouping of gymnasts. Sending positive vibes that she hits her score at Sectionals!

Yay Kathy! You have to love that she is improving that score. We have quite a few 37's in most of the meets we go to, too...so my DD is also focusing on improving her personal scores and not worrying about placing and others' scores. Well, she is trying to! Glad that it ended up being a positive experience for her and you! She is doing amazing with 6 hours a week of practice, they must be 6 really good hours!!!

Congrats to her ecspecailly at such a tough meet. Sending her good luck fairies at sectionals. We also went to a tough meet this weekend one of daughters teammates also 5 got a 9.1 on beam tied for 17th place with that I have never heard of such a thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back